Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_32259978

How Many Pieces of Artwork Do You Have Around Your Home?

Anonymous
7年前
最終更新:7年前

I used to have quite a few pieces of artwork in my home office, but after redecorating my office, I didn't want the same ones back, so I left the walls bare with the intention of creating some sentimental pieces for myself, and this process got me wondering “how many pieces of artwork do I have around my home!”

San Diego City Skyline Brown · 詳細

So the easy way to work out how many art pieces you have is to think:

1 - How many rooms in total do you have?

2 - How many walls make up that room?

3 - How many pictures on each wall?

= How many?

Feel free to leave any comments.

Thank you.

Bare Walls - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
Over 50 - Overloaded

コメント (20)

• PRO
    LBF Architects
    7年前

Japanese Manga images make for great art

AnonymousさんはLBF Architectsさんにお礼を言いました
  • Luciana
    7年前

Well, if you consider artwork to be just paintings/ posters/ prints, we have just over 30 (in a 5 bedroom house). If you then add sculptures, glass pieces, ceramics, we go well over 50.

My MIL probably has over 50 just in paintings&prints....

http://www.houzz.co.uk/projects/306977//monicas

AnonymousさんはLucianaさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Anonymous
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Sounds like you have quite a collection going back some years there Luciana. As for your mother-in-law, well, she sounds like a sentimental kind of woman to have so many!

Thanks for sharing.

• PRO
    R&S Decorator Ltd
    7年前

Interesting reading, will keep posted !

AnonymousさんはR&S Decorator Ltdさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Mary Leslie Interior Design
    7年前

50+ is not overloaded if you have a large house.

AnonymousさんはMary Leslie Interior Designさんにお礼を言いました
  • Rachel
    7年前
    I've just counted 28 - which is quite a lot in a 1 bed flat. I think my living room may be at capacity for prints and paintings now (although I can probably squish a few sculptures in somehow)
    AnonymousさんはRachelさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    1st Option
    7年前

We have several lovely pieces of artwork in our office.

Anonymousさんは1st Optionさんにお礼を言いました
  • teenytinyhouse
    7年前

I'm with Luciana, it depends how strict you are on your definition, too. If you mean "art" as in "purchased from an artist or gallery" then I'm looking at maybe a dozen, tops. But once you factor in sculpture, my own photos etc in frames, and so on, then the numbers start to increase! In my defence, they are mostly teenytiny too!

Anonymousさんはteenytinyhouseさんにお礼を言いました
  • Stephen Edwards
    7年前

Rather a lot, ranging from old prints, original pieces from student exhibitions, pencil sketches, framed film posters, etc. I have run out of wallspace and have even more stored, also a load of mounted, large, black and white photographs that I have yet to get around to sorting out.

AnonymousさんはStephen Edwardsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Anonymous
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Sounds like you've got a real passion there STEPHEN EDWARDS, a passion for collecting coupled with a sentimental side = a mini museum I reckon!

Thank you for sharing.

• Emmeline Westin
    7年前

I thought I was a 'bare walls' kind of homeowner, but when I started counting now, I realised I've actually got lots of prints around. My favourite one is a print of the house in Up - with the balloons!

AnonymousさんはEmmeline Westinさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Anonymous
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

It's amazing to think we have so many items in our homes that are hidden in plain sight!

Thanks for sharing Emmeline.

• Luciana
    7年前

I forgot we have 6 posters in the loo, which is only 2x1m (2 posters +1 mirror not visible in the photo)

• PRO
    Anonymous
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

LUCIANA, your photo looks like a cool place to sit and think! I like it!

• Luciana
    7年前

We have some bonkers stuff around - cameraless photos of mushrooms by the very talented Susan Derges.

Jason Martin's painting on aluminium.

The spectators triptych - I've always refused to sleep in that guest bedroom because of the creepy feeling that they would be staring at me all night.

Some scary Kabuki prints (they really scare me!! I told him we are divorcing if those prints leave his office):
    And many more (iSAW, you are to blame for encouraging me to post photos... I just love posting photos...) :))

• PRO
    Anonymous
    質問の投稿者
    7年前

Luciana, I think the award of "My House Has So Many Images I Think I'm Running A Museum!" is definitely yours!! Congratulations!

• Luciana
    7年前
    Hmmm... I would have preferred to run an art gallery, but thanks anyway!
  • PRO
    The Royal Gallery
    7年前

We find that our clients need at least one statement piece in each room. Living room, dining room, stairs etc.

AnonymousさんはThe Royal Galleryさんにお礼を言いました
  • Irfankhan Royal69
    7年前
    i liked
    AnonymousさんはIrfankhan Royal69さんにお礼を言いました