Houzz Logo Print
lindangu1020

Need help picking a rug

lindangu1020
11年前
I just redid my floor and fireplace. Now I need a rug! Any ideas?
The color scheme now is sage and tan. I like to add gray into the mix. The fireplace had gray tiles.
Help! Thanks

コメント (35)

• PRO
    CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
    11年前
    I could see a steely gray silk and wool rug...something very neutral from restoration hardware?
  • lindangu1020
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    Please provide pictures if you can! That would really help! Thanks
  • Amy Thompson
    11年前
    How much are you looking to send- makes a big difference...
  • PRO
    11年前
    www.restorationhardware.com
    This may point you in the right direction-
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    11年前
    It looks formal. Pick a good low pile with color. Pick up gray, sage. What other color you have hard to say can only see small part. Make sure it's big enough should cover a lot of flooring.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    11年前
    Just saw other pic. Go silver gray slag, not low pile. You are more casual. Put some color in pillows on sofa. Add color with art and plants.
  • nanlu
    11年前
    Check out the rugs at www.westelm.com Many incorporate the color gray - lots of cool styles. I love your fireplace. I just redid mine - similar mantle with emperador dark marble.
  • lefty47
    11年前
    Hi - imperialcarpetandhome.com -- a lot more choices for you to look at.
  • PRO
    Julia Wakely Interiors
    11年前
    Shades of Light Eco-friendly concentric stripe gray/white braided rug. Your room is beautiful and I love your new fireplace surround. It's a good idea to go neutral with your rug and add colour with throw pillows.
  • Jane Seals
    11年前
    Look at Pottery Barn. The Chunky Wool Jute would give a great texture. It has some gray, natural jute and cream colors. Ni have off white furniture and it looks awesome.
  • dclostboy
    11年前
    Have you looked at Mitchell Gold shag in gargoyle? The texture will soften the room while the color variations (depending on the lay of the pile) will tie everything else together.
  • lefty47
    11年前
    HI -- Sorry, the website I gave you before is not the greatest . If you haven't found a rug yet check -- Crateandbarrel.com --look at rugs , "jasper grey" and one I really like is - "savoy cream " Another site is -- Onekingslane.com -- so many to choose from. Try not to go into only greys , if you get something that has a mixture of multi colors , then the rug will work in any furture decorating changes .
  • PRO
    Grande Interiors
    11年前
    Carpeting can bring all the elements of the room together. A carpet can combining neutral colors in a simple pattern will allow you to easily to accessorize your space with additional accent colors. I have attached photos of a project we are currently working on showing the before (no carpet) and after to show how the room is starting to take shape. Best of luck with your project.. Catherine O'Brien, Grande Interiors
    www.grandeinteriors.com
  • cdpearman
    11年前
    Absolutely LOVE your room!!! I may use your fireplace idea in our new build!!!! I would use a longer shag-type, more textured cream rug. Be sure to get it large enough to at least put the front legs of all of your furniture on it to anchor the room and provide uniformity. Winners/ Home Sense often cary lovely versions at discount prices.
    Good luck,
    Diana
  • User
    11年前
    最終更新:11年前
    A simple silk in silver grey:
  • tatjanaoh
    11年前
    IKEA
  • PRO
    Citapore
    11年前
    You may try www.thecitapore.com. They specialize in custom made rugs...
  • PRO
    Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
    11年前
    最終更新:11年前
    With your yellow painted walls, and a bit of a hit of chocolate and gray in your tiles - I'd go luxurious tone on tone area rug - pulling the gray, brown and yellow. Good Luck - make sure your area rug sits underneath all pieces of furniture in your room for an elegant sumptuous feel.
  • Bonnie Carnahan
    11年前
    Not sure what your style is but below are 3 rugs and I found all 3 on Overstock.com
  • zenhome
    11年前
    Love the first rug in tatjanaoh's photos.
  • Lisa Norman
    11年前
    Can I get details on the 4th photo: silver rug put on site by Aja Mazin please?
  • Lisa Norman
    11年前
    Thank you so much
  • User
    11年前
    lctara

You have a keen eye and sophisticated taste.

Just a note about the rug:

Hanson Retro Rug

“Details are not the details,” Charles Eames once said. “They make the design."

Make use of his words of wisdom and bring out the best of a tired room with this Hanson Rug.

The versatile floor covering channels the ’60s with its black and white shag, which artfully blends together to create ivory, gray, and silver tones.This accent’s Pollock-inspired pattern radiates craftsmanship you can feel—right down to your toes"
  • Lisa Norman
    11年前
    Thanks so much Aja. Really appreciate the time and effort you provide with your comments.
  • Luvs2Read
    11年前
    It depends on how large the rug is going to be. Too much of one color can be overkill. If it is a small rug, a gray and silver rug would look very pretty. If it is a larger rug, a woven mixture of sage- and gray-related colors would be beautiful.
  • zestos
    11年前
    www.endlessknotrugs.com and look in the Contemporary section.
  • lindangu1020
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    thank you all for the suggestions!!
  • katewest60
    11年前
    There's a nice rug at Pottery BarnCrate with sage and light gold colors in it if you're not a fan of all the grays!
  • PRO
    Notting Hill Interiors Inc.
    11年前
    check out Feizy Rugs Saphir Zam collection, great coloration for your home and reasonably priced. Lots of look for the money
  • PRO
    The Rug Affair & Antique Rug Co.
    11年前
    With your dark hardwood you may want to consider staying away from light cool or contrasting colors. I suggest a rug with colors that blend with the flooring rather than stand out. If you have the budget you should consider wool and silk Tibetan rugs. Another advantage is easy maintenance.
  • PRO
    11年前
    I love the above-esp #2, & 3
  • Rosanne
    11年前
    Love your new fireplace and floor. It is lovely. My vote is for the swirl design carpet posted by Aja M.