Houzz Logo Print
ocean_clarke

POLL: Would you welcome print into your kitchen?

Whilst the popularity of minimalist decor is rising, we wonder whether the use of print within the kitchen is as prevalent today. Would you consider printed wallpaper, tiles or furniture in your kitchen or do you think minimal style is best?

Let us know which you prefer in the comments below!

Seabrook · 詳細

Yes
No

コメント (21)

• PRO
    Esbe Design
    7年前

Hello, I think adding personalised print in either art or the chairs you've shown is a wonderful way of making a kitchen less clinical and more homely in a modern context.

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7年前

Hello Ocean,

I actually think minimalist is being transformed into a favouring of vibrant prints and wall coverings. From my viewpoint I see a lot of spectacular printed fabrics and papers and coverings that are anything but minimal.. It's a question of preference yes, but when someone wants to really pack a punch! There's never been a better time to inject some personality and character into the home. The design world is full of wonderful prints both material and papered.. : ))

• PRO
    Emma Heaver Architect
    7年前

it will brighten up the room

• Mariamni Heracleous
    7年前
    minimalist decor sometimes give the impression of a renting furnitured house. Need to put our signature with something... strong but quietly!
  • toppitopp
    7年前

The more print and colour the better! I personally detest minimalist and white.

• cathkowalski
    7年前
    I love the way the print is introduced on the chairs, making it less of a commitment than a bold splash back would be.
  • sarahkeats
    7年前

For me, I don't really like printed fabric in a kitchen especially making a feature out of those bar stools.

• User
    7年前
    I'd steer clear of ever committing pattern to a permanent surface like tiles and stick with plain and neutral as it can be a pain to match up if your tastes and colour palette changes over the years. However, soft furnishings and artwork can add real character to any room and although I didn't like the patterns on the fabric of the seating in the kitchen featured, it did soften the overall look.
  • headers13
    7年前

Not for me as I prefer very plain muted colours & then you can add a little colour with accents etc.

• PRO
    Wareham Interiors
    7年前

I've added some lovely to prints to some very contemporary looking kitchens. Like this roman blind I put into a glossy contemporary kitchen.

• PRO
    Franklin Signs Ltd.
    7年前

Not too much pattern but i think making a statement in a few individual pieces can be great - you cant beat a bit of self expression !! What do you think of these?

• PRO
    Franklin Signs Ltd.
    7年前

These are patterned items for the kitchen

from our showroom, would like your comments please?? We dip them into a pattern that floats on water, thanks

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7年前
    最終更新:7年前

Hello Liquid print factory,

Very interesting! if you can create bespoke designs it could be really fabulous! I think anyway.. I like the above right hand chair back.. Also the fridge.. The whole fridge would be good in that pattern! :))

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7年前

Here's a recent shot of the kitchen I have been working on which shows the most fabulous paper newly added.. I think it adds to the scheme beautifully..

: ))

• PRO
    Franklin Signs Ltd.
    7年前

hello aj interior styling ltd

we are working on custom prints so will keep you posted with the progress.

with our printing technique we have to basecoat the item first so we can make the item look different by changing the colour of the basecoat.

i really like the geometric pattern by the way

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    7年前

Hello Liquid Print Factory

Thank you and thank you for your compliment. I'm thrilled with it.. : ))

• Daisy Jones
    7年前

Yes yes yes to print, I have mini moderns darjeeling in our Kitchen....

• PRO
    Kitchens by Kemp
    7年前

No to print ( In the kitchen) as it can make the room feel too busy

• PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    7年前

yes, kitchen stool's with the seats with batman and robin printed all over it

• PRO
    Love Shutters UK
    7年前

I really like the idea of the print wallpaper and the chairs look great.