Houzz Logo Print
ej63090

Kitchen reorganization

Eric
8年前

Just doing some advanced planning but considering our options for a kitchen remodel. Out kitchen layout is interesting as we have a peninsula with a stove/oven combination, in which blocks off the area provided for an eat in kitchen. My idea is to loose the eat in table and flatten the kitchen, remove the wall to the right and add an island in the middle. let me know what you think about that idea.

コメント (2)

• PRO
    Debra Toney, AIA Assoc.
    8年前

Hi Eric, I assume the goal is to open the area up between the kitchen and the eating nook, for that more open kitchen concept. I like the idea and think that your budget will ultimately drive your decisions on just how much remodel work to do. A simple rip and replace of existing product, cabinets, countertops, backsplash, plumbing fixtures, etc. within the space is always much more affordable than a remodel that considers moving things such as plumbing pipes, electrical, gas, HVAC and/or ventilation systems. A simple rip and replace also preserves the clients existing flooring, in your case hardwood, which would need to be laced in if you choose to remove the wall.

My best suggestion is to get some floor plan options drawn up for what you like and then begin to get some idea of pricing for your desired plan. A design build company can handle this for you, the advantage in having them guide you through the process is that you'll be certain that any money you decide to put into the project will add true equity to the home, where as poorly planned projects can actually hurt your sale should that ever become necessary. Good luck!

• auntthelma
    8年前

If you don't need the table, it sounds like a good plan.