Houzz Logo Print
wacokid

Window Coverings help needed.

wacokid
8年前

We have two windows, one in the kitchen that is

W 63 1/2" x L 58 1/4" and one in the den,

W 70 3/4" x L 70 1/4". We were looking at Hunter Douglas Vignettes and received a quote for $2400.. installed. Seemed high, but I know nothing on window coverings. Any other suggestions?

Kitchen · 詳細

コメント (7)

• jck910
    8年前

I have HD Vignettes in my LR & DR and they are great. Went less expensive company in den and regret it.

• wacokid
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

Thanks 910, Did you go with the LiteRise or the UltraGlide? Since, these are large windows I want to make sure the action to raise and lower is easy. I just picture one side going up at an angle and the chord getting tangled.

• Xochitl
    8年前

I just had a very bad experience with Smith&Noble and may have to ditch some expensive up/down roman shades that look like boat sails and are rife with defects. I started researching and it turns out there are small companies that make custom shades and so far, the prices seem reasonable. They also seem to take pride in there work and,

as opposed to my experience with Smith&Noble, know what their end product will look like. After this experience, I would encourage anyone to look into independent custom window covering manufacturers before going with the equivalent of the Big Box Store like Smith&Noble or HunterDouglas.

• leelee
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

That does seem high to me. Check out roman shades. The Vignettes always seem more modern-ish.

• PRO
    Selectblinds
    8年前

Our Premier Roman Shades are a great choice. These shades are 100% cord free, and are available in light filtering or blackout materials. These would look perfect on your windows.

http://www.selectblinds.com/romanshades/premier-light-filtering-roman-shades.html

Here is a video that will show how these operate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn44UHku_sc

I hope this helps!

wacokidさんはSelectblindsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Smith & Noble
    8年前

@Xochitl - We’re very sorry to hear about your poor experience. These shades are absolutely not our typical level of quality at Smith & Noble, and that’s not acceptable. Please email us at care@smithnoble.com so we may make it right.