Houzz Logo Print
jbeasley112341

Need help with wall decor?

Need help with wall decor in dining room. Walls are SW tony taupe with Hinckley Bolla sconces. Dining room set is golden oak. Dining room is 13x14 feet. Thanks so much!!!

コメント (8)

• apple_pie_order
    8年前

A much larger framed painting would add dramatic impact, if you are considering replacing the wall art.

• visualizemaven
    8年前

Right now you have the warm tones of the golden oak furniture and your plate art not really connecting with the cool tones of your gray/black scones and chandelier. (The lighting fixtures are dark gray steel looking, right?)

My first reaction is that you have a traditional dining room which calls for a chair rail. I would add a chair rail in the same trim as your ceiling. Also, frame your door opening with the same.

These additions will help connect all the elements you currently have going on and pull the room together in a cohesive and pleasing way.

Please remove the white lace table cloth. A runner in the fall colors from the plate art will be much more enhancing.

Thoughts?

• Katie
    8年前
    Whiporwill · 詳細

Here is a possible inspiration photo with lots of honey oak. Perhaps there is something here that could inspire you. I love what everyone else had to say and can't wait to read more comments! Good luck!
  • visualizemaven
    8年前

I also would like to add a suggestion re: your drapery.

It would help to tie the room together even more if you hang curtains which have a pattern which coordinates with the colors in your plate art.

• PRO
    Nathalie Van Art
    5年前

I think a larger painting would look really nice there, maybe something that works off all the beautiful wood from your furniture. I thought this painting would look really nice. Now this painting is probably not large enough, it's originally 20 inches by 20 inches, but I can create something like it to measure 30 inches by 30 inches or larger if needed. (The second photo shows the 3 dimensional detail of the branches of the painting).

• apple_pie_order
    5年前

2016 post.

• PRO
    Nathalie Van Art
    5年前

oh lol thank you didn't mean to revive a zombie post.