john_ipson

remodal my small split kitchen

John Ipson
8年前

i'd like to get small appliances and more / better storage

コメント (9)

• btydrvn
    8年前
    Really need to post more encompassing pics of whole space..what you have looks good so far
  • PRO
    Linda Mayo
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

Since you have a dishwasher, I would recommend getting a single sink. That would give you 16"-18" more usable cabinets. If you are able to shrink the dishwasher to an apartment size 18" that would give you another 6". You'd gain some space by getting upper cabinet that are all 36" high, except for the one over the sink. I'd make that one 30" high. And the one over the refrigerator which would probably be around 21" high.

John IpsonさんはLinda Mayoさんにお礼を言いました
  • John Ipson
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

any recommendations on modern cabinets and smallish appliances? i have to split up the gas one side of the room and sink on the other

• John Ipson
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Here is a kitchen i thought was nice:

• btydrvn
    8年前
    For re-sale what you propose will greatly reduce the value and appeal of your home to most buyers...in today's world people want the kitchen to be the heart of the home...everyone wants a big kitchen...it is difficult to tell how the two cabinet groupings relate to each other..are they across from each other?.can you add a narrow island?..or peninsula?.how big is your home overall?...
  • btydrvn
    8年前
    A nice peninsula can add counter space...storage and double as an in kitchen dining space ...as to increasing the efficiency of your existing storage ...converting the lower cabinets...to nice big drawers makes using all the awkward lower cabinet space easier and more accessible...
  • PRO
    Michelle Triplett Design
    8年前

In small spaces, uniform height cabinets make a space feel larger AND give you more storage. I would replace the upper cabinets with ones that go to the ceiling. I wouldn't reduce the size of your appliances. If you want a cleaner look on the counters, go with an undermount sink.

• User
    8年前

Start with your budget. It will limit what you can do. 20K for a "refresher" for a kitchen results in a far different end than 120K for an full upscale kitchen remodel.

John IpsonさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました