Houzz Logo Print
eatemvegies

Kitchen Cave

I feel like my kitchen is a brown cave. It has great bones, recently added granite, stainless appliances and tile backsplash which won't change but what should I do now? We are contemplating wood floors in the living room so should I bring this into the kitchen as well? Should I paint the cabinets off white with a glaze? Is there a creative way to get rid of the wave on the top cabinets ( i.e. cut a rectangle and replace with an inset of frosted galss)? Add hardware? Add a range vent and hide the micro? Should I paint the Island different? Should I just paint the tan walls and add hardware to see if that helps?

Currently my home is traditional but would like to modify towards rustic contemporary We live in the mountains of Arizona

コメント (6)

• shirlpp
    8年前

Yes bring the wood into the kitchen. By the time you try to get rid of the arch in the top cabinets, if it can be done at all, you can replace the cabinet doors. Can you do anything with that soffit over the sink?

Stacey Hitesmanさんはshirlppさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8年前

Yes paint the wall and IMO the cabinets too, but no glaze they will always look dirty and yes you can cut out the center of the doors and replace with glass for not much money. I would also look into new lighting

Stacey HitesmanさんはPatricia Colwell Consultingさんにお礼を言いました
  • Stacey Hitesman
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Patricia, thank you for the feedback. I am looking into glass in the cabinets. My plan is to paint the ceiling for sure, maybe the walls. I am changing the light bulbs and adding better under cabinet lighting. The floors will be a medium to light wood, less busy I think. Thanks for the tip on the glaze. I may refinish cabinets with a lighter( or darker?) stain, and add hardware instead of painting.

• PRO
    Kitchen Cabinet Discounters
    8年前
    White cabinets would look good with your dark countertops.
    Add nice brush nickel hardware to the cabinets. To match appliances.
    If you are changing the flooring go lighter as well. But make sure it will tie in with the rest of the colors. Take some time choosing materials. Bring samples home go get a general idea. When it is right you'll see it ! Good luck!
  • Bev
    8年前

Glass in the cabinets will be beautiful!