Houzz Logo Print
roisin_woods

Hobs in an Island??

Hi I am redesigning my kitchen and have placed the hob in the island, I was wondering what the general feeling is to having it placed in the island - is it messy when frying food as there is no splash back? Feedback has been mixed from friends.
Thanks

コメント (4)

• temple274
    8年前
    I love frying on the island hob. Only one easy flat surface to clean unlike the Aga which is my alternative. You do need reasonable space around the hob so splashes can land on it rather than the floor, or alternatively only fry in the centre. Any other pans I'm using are on the Aga, so don't have the worry of how to accommodate others round the frying pan when it's splattering away. Which reminds me - splatter guards work!Good luck.
  • PRO
    JW Architects Ltd
    8年前
    Hobs in islands are great but just check where your extract fan can go, what type and more importantly how it can discharge to outside.
  • parkersmate
    8年前
    Love having my hob in the island. It's really social, open and flexible. I would not want to go back to cooking facing a wall!
  • gilliifer
    7年前

I like to use my island for different things such as baking , chatting with people and sometimes diy. Used it as a cocktail bar for my daughters graduation party. It would be a shame to mess up that space with anything that cant be moved. Isn't a hob in the middle a bit dangerous for little fingers too ?