Houzz Logo Print
tiffany_henderson1454

What size rug?

Dining room is 16x12. Table is 3.5 ft by 6.5 ft. I'm having a hard time deciding what size rug to purchase.

コメント (13)

• Rusty Empire
    8年前

Cool lighting effect, but a bit too harsh perhaps for a dining room. Do a reanalysis of the chosen prints on the wall - they're doing you no favors IMO.

• Tiffany Henderson
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Thank you Samantha! Rusty, I'll take your suggestions into consideration.
  • rocketjcat
    8年前
    Duplicate post.
  • Tiffany Henderson
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Rocketcat-I'm aware. My phone posted it 3 times for some reason. I've contacted Houzz already.
  • decoenthusiaste
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

The rug should be 4' wider and longer than your table top, yet not run into walls or furniture on the walls. That would be 7.5' x 10.5' rug for your application, so an 8 x10 might work. The point is that you don't want the chairs "falling off" the rug when pulled out and sat in. Best thing to do is to use painter's tape to tape the two sizes out around your table and see what you think. You might check at homedecorators.com where you can shop by size, and I've seen 9x11 rugs there too.

• PRO
    Orangeville Furniture
    8年前

Don't do anything smaller than an 8' x 10'!

• PRO
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    8年前
    The rug should be large enough that when the chairs are pulled back they are still on the rug, use painters tape on the floor to get size needed
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

You're all making your recommendation on rug size based on the size of the table and chairs, but the table and chairs are too small for the size of the room. Here is the room with a 9x12 rug and plenty of exposed wood around the edge of the rug

• decoenthusiaste
    8年前

Since the OP is asking about rug size and is unlikely to get a larger table and chairs, I assume the focus should be on the table top's size, and leaving space along the wall area in case she purchases a buffet, china or sideboard.

• Tiffany Henderson
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Thank you all for your help! Here's the new 8x10 rug we purchased.
  • PRO
    Juxtaposed Interiors
    8年前

Looks excellent! Congrats on the purchase.