Houzz Logo Print
mnjpreciado

Desperately seeking decorating advice

recently painted walls gray purchased this sofa (pillows came with it) I really need help with lamps,tables wall art etc. I am desperate as the holidays are aproaching aby ideas are appreciated open floor plan ps my ugly laminate must stay for now

コメント (20)

• mnjpreciado
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    here is view from sitting on sofa semi open floor plan ( excuse the mess)
  • mnjpreciado
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Patricia I thought to bring in yellow but I thought it make the floors pop out but maybe it's a trick of the eye making them look like they belong love it !!!
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

Like the aqua with the grey so far. Could be a good jumping off point for you.

Can't supply anymore info without a few more pics.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8年前

It is an empty space except for the sofa.

• User
    8年前

mnjpreciado- if you have any of the gray paint left you should paint out your vent over the sofa and it will help it disappear. Paint all the vents;)

• mnjpreciado
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Yes need to paint the vent because it will only take away from any art I decide to put on that wall
  • mnjpreciado
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    will this picture work or is it to matchy matchy ?
  • leelee
    8年前

You've got that nice chest with the drawers but it's on a wall that's too small.

• mnjpreciado
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    I actually have no other wall to put the chest as for the out let if I move the sofa over any the walkway to hall will be too narrow I don't know what the builder was thinking in 1964 super awkward floor plan but thanks
  • pjdavis36
    8年前

See if the turquoise cabinet will fit on the wall behind the dining room table. If so you can use it as a sideboard/buffet. It would be really pretty with a mirror over it. Check Kirklands for side tables and lamps. they have a few things in your color scheme.

• PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    8年前
    Can you float your sofa to face the fireplace? A rough floor plan would be helpful...with rough dimensions.
  • PRO
    Mohairs & More
    8年前

How about adding a cream or white throw blanket to add additional contrast, and add texture?

The top swatches and bottom blanket are from http://mohairsandmore.com/mohair-throws-in-40-designer-hues,
    and the middle blanket is a boucle yarn alpaca throw
    (http://mohairsandmore.com/alpaca-blankets-boucle)

• PRO
    Cheryl Scrymgeour Designs
    8年前

I agree with the yellow pops of colour.But to balance it off I'd also add some black accents.

• mnjpreciado
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    I do have lots of black wrought iron pieces that I would like to keep I guess my style is all over the place :?
  • PRO
    Cheryl Scrymgeour Designs
    8年前

That's great! Use them, also the throw cushions on the sofa are too wishy washy. Place them with some bold black geometric print ones. Also add some bright turquoise ones as well. I can't really tell from the pictures..... but is there room for you to float the sofa in front of the fireplace??

That would give the room some balance and you could position the turquoise chest behind it with a lamp. Good luck!!

• PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors
    8年前

Maybe sharing a few images from our design portfolio will help?

Chelsea Loft · 詳細

Chelsea Loft · 詳細

Chelsea Loft: Details · 詳細

• mnjpreciado
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    great ideas I would live to float sofa but I have such an awkward Floorplan I don't think that's an option but I will try it and post pix to see what you all think
  • mnjpreciado
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    curtains or shutters ?
  • PRO
    Roberta Martin Interiors
    8年前

shutters for sure!