Houzz Logo Print
dangem25

Curtains or blinds?

dangem25
8年前
Having some difficulties deciding on either curtains or Roman blinds for my dining room window?
Planning on putting in a window seat, and need it a little private as the window is on the front of the house. Looking at burnt oranges and coppers as a colour scheme for the room. At a loss as to what to do to the window? Thanks

コメント (11)

• minnie101
    8年前

Hi. I'd also go for blinds/shutters and curtains with curtains hung as Brandi said. For the blinds you could try either cafe shutters or a bottom up blind or maybe a voile blind. Where is the burnt orange coming in? And where will your poor dog sit with a window seat?!

• Lauren
    8年前
    I really dislike it when there's a straight pole in front of a bay window. It's such a lovely feature and adds space to your room so why cover it up?

Look for a ceiling mountable bay window curtain pole and you'll get to enjoy it even in the dark winter months :). Can be combined with tab hung cafe curtains if you need privacy during the day but want the light still. Would suggest darker linen curtains with paler cafe ones.

Blinds always make me think of offices - plus they're a pain to dust!
  • Lauren
    8年前
    Ps what a gorgeous pooch!
  • headers13
    8年前

Blinds definitely but material roman ones or rollers.

• PRO
    creativeorg
    8年前

I would go for three roman blinds, one on each window, or plantation shutters. If you're having a built in window seat then I don't think curtains are necessary as well. The window seat will create enough interest and a focal point without the fuss of curtains. Hope this helps!

Bay Window Shutters · 詳細

• PRO
    Hillarys
    8年前

Hiya,

3 Roman blinds sound like a great idea. They're a great way to make a feature of a bay window. You could combine this with dress curtains, or alternatively, Roman blinds look stunning on their own. You might even like to consider Roller blinds.

Living room blinds and interiors · 詳細

Dining room blinds and interiors · 詳細

Alternatively, as you speak about privacy, a blind with slats is also a smart choice. Wooden blinds are rustic and stylish, while shutters are timeless.

If you'd like to read more about what's available to you, take a look at our bay window blog for loads of helpful advice - http://www.hillarys.co.uk/inspiration/2014/03/how-to-dress-your-breath-taking-bay-window/

Hope that helps,

Zoe

• PRO
    Shutterly Fabulous
    8年前

A lovely generous bay window! We think shutters might work well - they can fold right back to let you make the most of the view, or have them half-open for light and privacy - or of course close them right up for great heat insulation. You can even opt for shutters at the top and bottom that can be opened or closed separately, as in our picture below. Have a look at our Houzz board of shutters for bay windows if you'd like some ideas. Best of luck

Shutterly

Shutters for bay windows · 詳細

• dangem25
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Thought about window sill length curtains on a bay window curtain pole, or would this look to weird?
  • hortonhearsawho2013
    8年前

yes it would look odd, have them to the floor if you want curtains.

• Sherbert Barnes
    8年前
    I am definitely in the camp of three separate Roman blinds. I would have the window seat covered in a contrasting fabric to the Roman blinds. Personally I would have the darker fabric on the window seat so that you don't have to be too precious with it.... Don't think you should go for anything mind, without consulting your doggie first!!