Front Entrance · 詳細

, accessories, ect.
Front Entrance · 詳細

Front Entrance · 詳細

コメント (10)

• mollyfawcett
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Would like to purchase a new area rug, but not sure what style. Also would like some ideas on how to decorate this area.

• PRO
    Carpet Mill USA Inc.
    8年前

I would consider adding a rug with a little more color to it, maybe an indoor/outdoor rug, since they clean well. Something with a pattern will help hide stains, fading and wear. Also I would add a table or bench to the area in front of your railings. So you can either sit and take of shoes, or a table to place items on such a keys when you come in the front door. First impression are very important and welcoming your guest (as well as yourself home) can be made if you turn this space into a great little area.

Geneve Indoor-Outdoor Rug · 詳細

Uttermost Makoto Wooden Industrial Sofa Table · 詳細

• mollyfawcett
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

What size of area rug would you recommend? I think the one I currently have is too small.

• PRO
    Carpet Mill USA Inc.
    8年前

what size is the rug you have now, something about 3'11x4'6....you could try and 4x6, or 5x7, I would suggest using some tape and laying it out first and see if you like the size, you can always have a rug cut to the size you want, most carpet store will have a selection of rugs and can show you many choices that would work for your entry way, so playing around with tape is an easy way to see what size would truly fit your space.

• mollyfawcett
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Thank you!

• Lynne Mysliwiec
    8年前

Hi Molly - what are the dimensions of the entry area, and what's your style? Industrial? Modern? Transitional? Traditional?

Carpet Mill gave great advice about taping out the area so that you can see the impact of various sizes of rug. 3x5, 4x6, and 5x7 are standard sizes. If a standard size doesn't look quite right, then a bound remnant of carpeting can be a wonderful solution. The binding process is not expensive & if they are using remnants from other jobs to make your area rug, you can get a completely custom rug for a very reasonable price.

I had a dining room made from an end remnant of beautiful cream-colored wool berber -- was one of the best purchases I ever made.

By counting tiles it looks as if the entryway is at least 5.5' wide and... 7 or 8 feet deep?

• Lynne Mysliwiec
    8年前

Here is a lovely bench from Saloom furniture that would fit nicely beside the railing to downstairs -- it comes in a number of finishes and lengths

Dimensions

• OBN-W-47-LNX: 47" W X 14" D X 18" H
    • OBN-W-52-LNX: 52" W X 14" D X 18" H
    • OBN-W-60-LNX: 60" W X 14" D X 18" H
    • OBN-W-68-LNX: 68" W X 14" D X 18" H
    • Seat Height for All Models: 18"H

http://www.yliving.com/saloom-furniture-oak-bench.html

• lefty47
    8年前

HI -- Have a look at carpet tiles , then you can make the size you want . Great colors and patterns and is ideal for that area . FLOR.com One hint for you .... put a closer on the powder room door so it automatically closes the door . Better to not have the toilet on view all the time .

• mollyfawcett
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Thank you!