Houzz Logo Print
pistol77

What did you do to waterproof the window?

I have a bathroom that I want to reconfigure and I have a large picture window where I want to put my new shower (currently over a whirlpool tub).. but I don't know what steps I should take to ensure that my current window can handle the water and moisture. Any advice you can provide based on your experience is greatly appreciated.
Midtown Atlanta Historic Condominium · 詳細

コメント (2)

• PRO
    Craftbuilt, Inc.
    8年前

It is a PVC window sash with a PVC jamb. We run backerboard to the jamb and then put several layers of aquaseal over the assembly, then tile back to the sash.

• Julie Chapin
    8年前

This is so helpful. I want to put vinyl plantation shutters in my shower. Similar to photo below. My contractor says he needs to tile into the recessed area to protect it from moisture, but my shutter guy does not want to risk drilling holes in the tile to mount the shutters as he is afraid of cracking the tile. I have these all over my home and really wanted this look. Can you advise any way to protect the recessed area for the shutters to still be installed? The shutters are vinyl and waterproof. Thank you!!!