Houzz Logo Print
peralandra

Chairs arrangement

peralandra
8年前
最終更新:8年前

How should I arrange these four chairs, are they okay as they are? Also, should I do the cubbies or the picture frames - for behind the gray chairs. Also, please ignore the mess around things. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

コメント (7)

• peralandra
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Thank you so much! If I make the fireplace the focal point, how do you suggest I go about arranging the chairs?

• PRO
    john thompson designer
    8年前

Give me a call for an appointment.

• Darzy
    8年前

I would give this a try...

The sofa table is too low, so how about using the cubby bookcase lengthwise and use as the sofa table with your lamps. Scoot the rug (and furniture) so it's centered with the FP. Since the FP/brick is asymmetrical, I'd put the art on the mantel there (like you have above the cubbies) instead. Then, try the mirror where the art is now (depending on what it's reflecting). A nice, big round cocktail table in the middle of the rug/chairs will feel more cozy. Make the rug/chairs look like it's cozy up/center with the fireplace.

peralandraさんはDarzyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Darzy
    8年前

I like this little table for between your white chairs.

Nickel Round Table · 詳細

• peralandra
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

I rearranged it some, but now there is a larger gap between the two rooms in the open layout...is that fine? Also, the symmetry of the other room doesn't line up with the symmetry of the fireplace "room" - that also ok? I tried to line it up so that at least the two lamps are kind of symmetrical to the large mirror if you look through them.

sym

• Darzy
    8年前

That arrangement looks quite nice! There are a couple of things that do not work for me. The brown mirror above the FP sort or looks like an old mirror from a dresser. But, I think it can work there if you paint it the color of the FP brick so it looks like an extension of the FP. The side table below the tree art is not long enough and too wide. Chairs always need a table of sorts to put a beverage on. Either each set of chairs gets a side table, or a coffee table in the center of the chairs will round it out. It's lookin' good.