Houzz Logo Print
jmstaehr

looking for the right kitchen sink...granite composite or stainless st

J S
8年前
my husband and I have for young children we are getting new granite countertops in the color colonial cream. we are used to leaving some dishes in the sink, soaking vegetables and fruits to clean them with a vinegar water mix we are used to be eating some dishes in the sink, soaking vegetables and fruits to clean them with hey vinegar water max, pouring boiling water from pasta into our current sink. I am worried that the granite composite will stain or crack but worried the stainless steel will scratch or not look quite right. we do have stainless appliances. I have narrowed it down to a swan composite granite from Menards in color champagne or a Blanco composite granite from Home Depot in color biscotti or metallic grey. otherwise, i need to look into the stainless steel. ugh....so overwhelming!

コメント (5)

• PRO
    Pat Gericke & Associates, LLC
    8年前

Stainless steel is your best bet based on how you use your sink. As with any sink, the proper maintenance is always advised.

• Ann
    8年前

I have the Blanco in biscotti (cascade model). I've been very happy with it! I do run a little water as I pour in boiling pasta water, but not sure I need to. No scratches at all and super easy to keep clean. I give it a good scrubbing with a brush and bar keepers friend every third week and it looks like new after heavy use for a couple years.

• User
    8年前

Stainless steel with a bottom grid is the best bet for anybody. According to a consumer mag, the granite composites can crack if something heavy is dropped in it and it's a little higher maintenance. SS can scratch, but with a grid that's minimized. I'm assuming you are installing an undermount. ifnot, get what you love the most because it can be replaced easily if it doesn't work out.

• Ann
    8年前

Here is a picture of my blanco biscotti (sorry it's wet). I do think the color would blend right in with your counter.

• J S
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    beautiful color. thanks!