Houzz Logo Print
amanda1106

What colour curtains do I buy

amanda1106
8年前
I've just bought a new sofa.. grey... I need help on what colour curtains to buy. I've bought some dark grey ones today but I put them up and they look terrible so they are going back. Please someone help as I have no idea

コメント (26)

• minnie101
    8年前

I think a pastel grey and white patterned would look nice, or a lilac'y grey or just a pale lilac. Do you have the pink and lilac elsewhere or is it mainly grey?

• mrsmcee74
    8年前
    Either silver grey or pick out some of the colour in your accessories such as a mauve. Everything in the room is quite plain so it might be nice to add a bit of pattern.
  • mrsmcee74
    8年前
    Ha ha Minnie you're just too fast, you posted while I was typing!
  • mrsmcee74
    8年前
    But at least we agree.
  • mrsmcee74
    8年前
  • minnie101
    8年前

Lol! Where have you been mrsmcee?! I saw those Bali curtains when I was looking for Tani earlier!

• amanda1106
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    I have this on the wall
  • Natalie Patton
    8年前
    I'd pull the pink, there is an article on houzz about working with pinks and how to incorporate them that may be helpful
  • PRO
    Deborah Law Interiors
    8年前

I would choose white and trim them with a fine corresponding colour from your furniture, say an inch wide of the leading edge - always a very smart look

• ceegee48
    8年前

I would go with dusky pink as a good contrast.. Too much grey would be very dull

• PRO
    Maison De Caron Interior Design
    8年前
    Purple with mustard yellow.
  • PRO
    L.Stockley
    8年前
    Pale lilac in a breezy fabric (you could always have white venetians or shutters too for light control). I'd pull a colour out of your artwork to tie the room together.
  • marchgrove
    8年前

Just avoid beige or stone. I have a grey sofa and we bought very expensive mr fox curtains in stone. They just look dirty. Putting matching cushions helped, but now I've had to get rid of them. Just hated them more and more.

Yellow is great with grey.

• Gloria Vera
    8年前
    I would put up purple it will look stanning try
  • louisep2012
    8年前
    Can I ask the name of your wallpaper please?
  • Dorcas Maher
    8年前

Why not go with lime green, and accessorise with lime green cushions and perhaps a rug

• muirla
    8年前
    I'd go with pastel blue if your keeping the pink in the pictures. I personally think burnt orange with the grey is a good look
  • niclips
    8年前

Definitely dusky pink or dusky lilac - will look gorgeous with what you already have. However, if you want to change the whole room - I would still go dusky pink or dusky lilac - can't beat it with grey!

• rekhagladysdavid
    8年前

Team it with ash and the original grey of your sofa, or even a grey & soft pink print. Pink as like the one in the painting / picture above the sofa. How about ivory white and a dusky pink ??

• PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    8年前

Hello,

If I was you I would pick some light colour. With the grey you have you could get curtain in yellow, light blue, dusty pink. Why not mix and match colours?

If you have some decoration or ornaments in your favourite colours, you could get your curtain in the same one.

You also have to think which colours are your favourite, what is your style and personal taste.

Good luck with your Project!

StJames Design Interiors

• Sam Hill
    8年前
    Light pink, like the cushions would accompany the sofa beautifully.
  • Annie Moreno
    8年前
    white sheer curtains for me. gives a light n breezy feeling to the room
  • PRO
    Kathy Hanson Interiors
    8年前

Hi you could go for a light grey dupion silk which would give texture and a luxurious feel.

• Bournemouth Living
    8年前

Congratulations! With that colour sofa you can change your home with your mood, just by swapping your accessories. Have you thought about putting up some white blinds or shutters instead of full curtains?