Houzz Logo Print
nataliepatton

Library/Playroom???

Hi again everyone as I previously mentioned we are moving house and I have this vision of a child friendly house by day and then an adult friendly toyless clutter free calming house by night lol I have this room downstairs and I guess it's meant to be a study but I'm thinking of a livery/playroom it's a decent size actually so was going to do all while my partner has books galore and along with my daughters toys they are taking over our current house. So maybe all white bookshelves on one wall and maybe storage cubes for toys under the window and a white couch and white coffee table but as it's going to be a playroom I'd like to brighten with some colour but I'm not big on bold colours so was just trying to get some ideas of what you all would do. If you hate the white idea then I'm open to suggestions. The house is a barn conversion but it's very modern inside although does have the original beams so could get away with a modern or classic style. I'll add some pics of what I was sort of liking. Also with it being a playroom I don't want to spend a lot as no doubt things will need replaced as accidents happen.

コメント (15)

• minnie101
    8年前

Hi. Do you have a pic of the room to get an idea of the size and the style/colour of flooring? I must admit I wouldn't go with a white sofa for a playroom unless you cover it with a throw!

• Natalie Patton
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    I haven't moved yet so don't have a photo it the room is pretty basic though it has walnut Mexicana door white stirrings and architraves a window with window seat on the opposite wall to the door and a kind of creamy white tile effect flooring going on. I was slightly nervous of the white sofa and I have seen a leather one but it looks so cheap so I defiantly do want fabric. Any colour suggestions?
  • minnie101
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

If you're sticking with that sofa then an option is to go for the navy sofa. This may be too bold for you but...I'd have the kallax units all along one wall so you may need 2 of the taller units. Perhaps put some storage on the bottom shelf for craft bits etc. I'd paint that wall in dark navy and the remaining 3 white (similar to colour by Benjamin Moore). I'd go for white curtains with either a navy trim or border. If you can sew buy really cheap white ones and add the navy. You could give it a very slight modern coastal feel. These cushions are by Barbara coupe but are too dear. I'd look for some with a red trim or pattern. I'd add a navy and white striped rug and a modern pendant light. Finally maybe a couple of fun coastal cushions picking up a little of the red on the window seat. If that's too themed just normal cushions picking up blue, white and red and maybe a geometric rug

• minnie101
    8年前

Other pic

• minnie101
    8年前

Final pic, not sure why you can't load 4 anymore!

• Natalie Patton
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    I actually really like that and hadn't even thought about navy I'd only really contemplated muted tones thank u very much
  • Natalie Patton
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    How about a sofa similar to this with a navy piping
  • minnie101
    8年前

Glad you liked it. Is this sofa cream or white? It all really depends on how good your daughter is! It looks like a ncie comfy sofa. Is this an ikea one with replaceable covers?

• Natalie Patton
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Yea it is. She's pretty good I obviously won't allow food or paint in there but that's just a general rule I have anyway
  • minnie101
    8年前

That's good. If you were to go for the navy scheme though I would probably balance it with the navy sofa unless you added navy cushions to this one. You could always get a pvc type tablecloth for the coffee table so she could do some craft work if she's into that kind of thing. Or could come up with another option around a grey sofa? It really depends whether you want the room more play or library orientated

• Natalie Patton
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    I think I'll stick with a white sofa so I can change the colour of the accessories. Yea she is into crafty things but I tend to do it in the kitchen so this room will b just for toys
  • PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
  • Natalie Patton
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    I think he first pic is what I had originally envisioned