Houzz Logo Print
gracefalls80

my daugther is obssessed with red and black..i am in need of decor help

my 13 year old loves black and red...we are about to move and she has it firmly planted in her head that we should paint her new room red. I wory that it will make the room look tiny. She already has black and red decor pieces in her current room ( lamps, art, pillows, etc), so I was thinking about doing a bright peacock blue on the walls and painting her furniture white. I have some a bunch of hanging paper flower balls that are red and a set of zebra print curtains with red trim. I feel that the blue will set everything off well..but I could be wrong. Any suggestions....please??

コメント (11)

• User
    11年前
    Perhaps the red could work as an accent wall behind her bed for instance, or on another wall, instead of the whole room.
  • PRO
    Dezign Studio Inc
    11年前
    Then you could indulge her with an accet red wall , which she could redo , down a few years as she grows out of it.
  • Tracy Bernard
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    i have no pics of the new room as of yet...we are going to measure and such this weekend. I had considered a neutral color, but see really wants something bright. She had been in an off white room for a year now and has hated every minute of it. so, unfortunaly neutrals are off the table. i have also considered an acid green or a chartruse, since she isnt opposed to green.
  • Tracy Bernard
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    i should mention we are on a budget, and since she already has tons of red and black and charcoal items, on the walls just wont work...especailly close to the bed, which has red sheets, black and charcoal comforter set with large white roses on it, and several red and white pillows. the wall color is all we will be able to do, at least for a while
  • User
    11年前
    最終更新:11年前
    If she likes the red, think it might be a choice for one wall given how dark it is. Some type of a silver even if in a glaze might be a consideration. Red could certainly work with some greens and actually can see black and red more with a green than a blue. Perhaps get some samples of things like the acid green or chartreuse - various green shades and match with various reds to see how they might work together. (Perhaps not the silver - didn't get your last add on message with more details before I posted.) Think an interesting vibrant green might be a choice to consider. Maybe even something like an apple green.
  • PRO
    Dezign Studio Inc
    11年前
    Green could work.
  • PRO
    Metric Homes
    11年前
    We have a red bedroom accent wall in one of our Model Homes, and it looks lovely. As you can see in the picture it's paired with a neutral taupe, however it would work very well with a light gray. Then use accent peices to make it pop. Picking the right red will be key.
  • ksoorus123
    11年前
    My friend daughter went with the same red and black color scheme. They did white wall with painted bands of red and black with girlie bedding. Looks cute.
  • PRO
    User
    11年前
    I love the idea of an accent wall! Most importantly though, let her express her creativity and vision :D When I was a teen I painted my room a rich purple and loved it for years!
  • PRO
    Raashi Design
    11年前
    Paint the wall behind the bed a silver metallic finish - adding red or black framed artwork or wall decal will be perfect for that accent wall.