Houzz Logo Print
3lexchickens

What color would you paint this 50's ranch in Portland, OR?

コメント (17)

• User
    8年前
    It looks like it is brick? You are wanting to paint the wood trim?
  • 3lexchickens
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

yes. wanting to keep the brick original. there is a detached garage as well that will have a modern horizontal stained wood door.

• User
    8年前
    Might you want to stain the wood the same color in both places?
  • 3lexchickens
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

• 3lexchickens
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

• 3lexchickens
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

the brick picture is sideways...
    the house has cedar shingles everywhere except the brick.

• apple_pie_order
    8年前

Try a light pinkish beige with the Sherwin Williams paint visualizer. Use the pick tool to select from the pinkish brick colors. The underside of the porch roof can be a coordinating off white. That will brighten it up considerably in Portland weather.

3lexchickensさんはapple_pie_orderさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Portland Millwork, Inc.
    8年前

I think a lighter gray color would look nice with the brick. It would compliment the mid century modern vibe of the house.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8年前

Like it just as is, except for the column support which I suggest painting the (black?) of your window frames.

• libradesigneye
    8年前

Oh this is a cool modern mid century gem . . so let's take the siding deep in tone to highlight the amazing brickwork. . .let me study and I'll be back . .

• libradesigneye
    8年前

Test bm carolina gull on the shingles and bm millstone gray on all the window / door / fascia trim

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/carolinagull

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/millstonegray

The salmon elements in the brick up close also suggest that you could do a very mod warm charcoal house / near black . . your roof may not work well with that . . . wonderful house and column - thanks for inviting us to see your gem!

• 3lexchickens
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

thanks everyone. i am testing out the colors suggested. we are changing out our soffit to be stained wood. i think it will help brighten things up a bit.

• babbs50
    8年前

One of the grays in the brick would work. Try a medium tone, and maybe a dark gray for the trim. No pink.

3lexchickensさんはbabbs50さんにお礼を言いました
  • sandradclark
    8年前

Do not go with gray or black. Not in Portland, or. What a lovely home.

3lexchickensさんはsandradclarkさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    K.C. General Maintenance & Contractors LLC.
    8年前

Gray, gray, gray, do it.

• PRO
    Peggy Poulos Interior and Exterior Design
    8年前

Sandra Clark is correct in my opinion, don't go with gray or black in Portland. I know as I live in the area as well. You don't want gray for several reasons and one is the fact that gray can be too dreary certain times of the year, and as it is being used now, is becoming overdone. As a designer that is to some degree a planned obsolescence.

I am looking at these colors at 12:40 am without a balance light, but this is pretty close: I would choose a brown that is muted (has a little sepia in it) for all of your siding. The brown Behr Castle Hill or Tree Bark if you want darker, or something in between. Then choose a color from your brick, and select that for your front door to tie it to the brick. As a landscape designer, I can tell you these colors work extremely well with plantings and your yard will look amazing.

By the way no white paint on the outside, it doesn't go with this color palette, in my opinion.

Good Luck! I hope this helps.