Houzz Logo Print
cherylwiseman

Window treatments different sized windows across hexagon back wall

Looking for inexpensive/functional window treatment ideas for a half hexagon shaped room. I have been keeping the small windows uncovered, but need to close them up because of the glare on my TV. I could also use some wall paint color suggestions. The second picture is of the fireplace. Someone painted the ceramic bricks white. should I repaint or strip?

コメント (4)

• decoenthusiaste
    8年前

I advise cordless blackout roman shades for all your windows.

• groveraxle
    8年前

Yes to the roman shades. Make them inside mount. Leave the fireplace white.

• PRO
    iDeal Furniture Irvine
    8年前

I would keep the fireplace painted because you don't know what damage is underneath if you were to take the time to strip it. As for the drapes the roman shades would look great, or you could also hang sets of drapes on each wall towards the top of the wall, down to the floor. This would create height to the room. Also, it would create a since of unity in the windows. Since they are all different shapes, by having the drapes all the same size it will trick the eye that the windows are the same. Something similar to the below photo.

Suburban Villa · 詳細

• PRO
    McFeely Window Fashions
    8年前

Hi Cheryl - I would suggest hanging woven or fabric roman shades (lined for privacy and to block the light). If you hang them at all the same height, it makes the windows appear to be the same size. I would keep the wall color and tan, taupe or neutral color. You can always add more color and texture with pillows. Hope that helps. Good luck!