Houzz Logo Print
skr01606

What window treatment??

Simon
9年前
Hi - we've recently added an extension to our house and are now sorting out the final few bits and bobs (flooring, curtains/blinds etc).

What would you do with the windows in this room? We're not overlooked and only need to be able to diffuse the glare of the sun at certain times of the day - so we were thinking of just fitting discreet roller blinds into the top of each window recess - but thought it worth asking if anyone else had any better ideas? Our style is mid century / Scandi.

Thanks in advance for any help.

コメント (15)

• Helen C
    9年前
    Hi Simon you are at the same stage at me, congratulations on nearly reaching the end! We have the same type of windows on one side of our extension and I will be fitting sheer roller blinds (possibly electric). To me they are more sleek looking than curtains or Roman blinds for example. We have created a recess in the ceiling for the roller part to be hidden but in other areas of the house where this doesn't exist I'm looking into forward roll blinds so the roller part is neater looking on the inside. Hope that all helps!
  • hortonhearsawho2013
    9年前
    go for roller blinds. Anything else would look too fussy.
  • Nomah
    8年前
    So like it just as it is
  • crowningfashion
    8年前
    Vision blinds most definitely. They can filter the sun and be used as a black out in the night if you want privacy but also the design lends itself to the style that you have going on at the moment.
  • PRO
    Fifi De Lyon
    8年前
    If you like mid-century / scandi then a nice pair of linen curtains would look fab! Check out Julia Brendel fabrics, Harlequin, Room, Deveaux..
  • milfordmaid
    8年前
    As mumprenur- leave well enough alone. If you need to diffuse light, a light voile in bland colour hooked to side + released when window needs to be covered
  • Deirdre Hayes
    8年前

we have the same windows as in picture and installed stiff almost starched type voile blinds one blind covers our three panelled full sliding doors and recesses into the ceiling so when the doors are fully open you dont see the blind. The second window (2 metres wide and 1.5 high have two blinds meeting at the central bar of the window, so you can only have one blind down when sun is shining in very strongly. They are working well for us.

• PRO
    Interior Goods Direct
    8年前

Hi Simon, have you considered an orange coloured blind to match your cushions? We also think that grey, black or browns would work well for the window furnishings in this room.

We hope this helps!

• Juliet Docherty
    8年前

I agree with Fifi. Habitat do great linen curtains that are light and unlined. I have them in recessed windows and my house style is very similar to yours. I got a blacksmith to make a pole and recessed brackets to put them on.

• PRO
    Deborah Law Interiors
    8年前

Hi Simon, if your still thinking on this one? I would choose a linen (not lined) and have curtains with a thin metal pole. They would be very light and complimentary to the Scandi look and so not take up much room as they hang, but then be great at taking away the glare without blocking all the light. A neutral colour - plain, a small pattern ok

• tavolla
    8年前

It is very very very very very very very nice really....

maybe a voile curtain

where your sofa is from ,please?

• Simon
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    Thanks - the sofas are both from M&S.
  • kridamberg
    8年前
    Hi Simon
    Great room. Do you mind me asking where the sideboard is from?
    Thanks
  • Simon
    質問の投稿者
    8年前
    The sideboard is an original 1960's piece we picked up on eBay.