Houzz Logo Print
ann_perkins8791014

Need help picking a paint color for a kitchen island

I have picked cherry cabinets with a medium stain (Briarwood stain on Wolf Designer Cabinets). I am trying to pick a paint color for the island. I am considering black, celadon, or gray.

Would love to have help from others on this choice

コメント (7)

• Ann Perkins
    質問の投稿者
    9年前

Also, I have the option of staining the island espresso or carbon. I am thinking of a predominately white granite or quartz countertop

• PRO
    Wolverine Cabinet Company
    9年前
    Consider black paint on oak. I wouldn't do any of the other colors you mentioned. You could also use black hardware on your cherry doors and drawers that would bring the two together.
    Ann PerkinsさんはWolverine Cabinet Companyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Ann Perkins
    質問の投稿者
    9年前

Wolverine, would you use oak or maple on the island since I will paint it? I heard that maple takes paint the best, but the one above is very pretty

• PRO
    Wolverine Cabinet Company
    9年前
    Maple takes paint very well. If done professionally, it comes out perfectly smooth and even, like an automotive finish. The problem is it shows every scratch or dent that may come along over time. Especially with black. Oak, on the other hand, paints well, but allows the grain and texture of the wood show through, which helps hide wear and tear.
    Oftentimes, our clients like the rub through or worn look on the edges of the doors and frames, to add a dose of rustic.
    I any case, I suggest a dull sheen to minimize imperfections being noticeable down the road.
    Ann PerkinsさんはWolverine Cabinet Companyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Ann Perkins
    質問の投稿者
    9年前

Thank you, that is so very helpful!!

• PRO
    Cabinets 4U, Inc.
    9年前

Putting together a kitchen color palette can be
    confusing! Here is a great article that might help: Kitchen
    Color Palette

Ann PerkinsさんはCabinets 4U, Inc.さんにお礼を言いました