Houzz Logo Print
emmelinewe

POLL: Loo roll - Over or under?

Over 15,000 opinionated US Houzzers voted in this poll last year, so I thought it would be fun to see if it was an "issue" people cared about in the UK, too.

So let's hear it. Should the end of the loo roll stay underneath or over?
Under
Over
Who cares?

コメント (34)

• embzop
    9年前
    If it is under, you scrape your knuckles on the wall. It has to be over.
  • n247080
    9年前

My understanding is that over is the original intent. However, if you have pets that are attracted to the roll, under results in less "pet toy" use of the roll.

• PRO
    dee_1503
    9年前
    Hands down over, easier to tear from the perforated line!
  • maeveannrogers
    9年前
    Would look even better if folded to a point...
  • dublin45
    9年前
    over it is
  • Luisa Rollenhagen
    9年前
    Over! Always! Although sometimes my flatmate places it under and it drives me mad
  • Helen Jones
    9年前
    apparently it's good toilet etiquette to have the roll over!
  • pavinia
    9年前
    I never really notice, but if I had to choose, over it would be!
  • Jo DP
    9年前
    Life is just too short.
  • ellenfermie
    9年前
    Over and over and over again!!!
  • Rachel Cunynghame
    9年前
    Has to OVER - It just looks right that way. I often switch them to OVER if I find them UNDER.
  • intrigued99
    9年前
    over: more hygenic and convinient. tears off easily.
    under: you scrape the roll on the wall. get some of the wall germs and use them! also difficult to tear.
  • Sarlou Straw
    9年前
    Either way it sits against the wall ? I choose under and hin in doors chose over
  • Emma N
    9年前
    I had some friends over a few weekends ago and every time they went to the loo they switched the loo roll to under ... and I had to switch it back to over....
  • Denise
    9年前
    Over! I have perfected my lightning fast swipe to tear it off with one hand and it just doesn't work when it's under. I will always change it if I've put in on the wrong way. Funny how much this matters...
  • marivon1
    9年前
    As long as there is some on the roll - who cares!!
  • Emmeline Westin
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Wow - 800 votes! I love how everyone's getting involved :)
  • Carol Weston
    9年前
    C'mon then, who has voted under?
    I get the pet thing, and the sentimental, but what other reasons?
  • Eric Gould
    8年前
    As an engineer I can confirm that it has been scientifically proven that over is more efficient.
    (I may have made that up)
  • Emily
    8年前
    Under is Sooooooooooooooooo much neater looking !!!
  • PRO
    ART / Kyotogardenart
    8年前
    My wife is an Environmental Health Officer, and OVER is the correct way for health reasons, what ever ? am i bovered ? but it does look neater.
  • Jo DP
    8年前
    At last ! We have the definitive answer. Nobody can argue with 'ealth & Safety. Thanks Art/Kyotogardenart. Now, can we stop?!
  • artdesighnsmural
    8年前

Over.If under you have to bend down more to reach. Also it looks untidy.

• Monica
    8年前

OVER !!OVER !!OVER !!!! ......... :)

• PRO
    JML Garden Rooms
    8年前

Defo Over! After working for years in hospitality, then moving into the construction industry, I have a bit of thing about this. I can now run some very informative but apparently hilarious training sessions on how to replace a loo roll :) x

• Toni
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

It just doesn't tear properly if it's over. Under all the way!

• PRO
    ART / Kyotogardenart
    8年前

My wife is an environmental health officer, and the official Health & Safety Regs say OVER as there is less chance to collect germs off the wall.

• artdesighnsmural
    8年前

My wife always changes the loo roll to under when i have replaced it. Which proves that women are the underdogs lol.

• milfordmaid
    8年前
    Usually free standing roll as the toilet-roll fairy works very limited hours and is never on duty to discard used roll + replace with fresh roll! Can't get the staff these days ....
  • milfordmaid
    8年前
    @kyotogardenart - Errr - same amount of roll touches wall whether under or over. You might advise H+S to carry out detailed research + publish results of same ....
  • Juliet Docherty
    8年前

Don't care but what drives me mad is toilet roll holders with only one fixing - they always end up wonky. Which dimwit decided that something which is continuously fiddled with (people folding over corners and swapping it around) should have only one anchor point?

• Catherine Hounslow
    8年前

Under -it looks neater. I despair of holders that are so called suctioned to the tiled wall , they always fall down eventually .

• PRO
    Alejandro
    8年前

definitively over!