Houzz Logo Print
nodan

window coverings? Solar shades or Hunter Douglas Nantucket? Help!

nodan
9年前

We have sheer panels on either side of our sliding glass doors. The sheer panels have a horizontal stripe running through them. Now we need to cover the sliders and are trying to keep the afternoon sun out. Because of the horizontal stripe, we are concerned about using Hunter Douglas Nantucket or Pirouettes. Perhaps solar shades is the way to go. Our house is contemporary. My concern is whether the solar shades are too plain and whether the Nantucket (with its horizontal slats) will be too busy next to panels that also have a horizontal design. I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you.

コメント (9)

• User
    9年前

How about sliding panels?

• nodan
    質問の投稿者
    9年前

Thank you for your input. I am not happy the way the sliding panels 'stack' because they take up too much of the window/slider. I also am concerned that with the lines in the curtain panels going horizontally, that a vertical line would look funny/odd. But, again, thank you for your suggestion.

• PRO
    Enhancing Windows
    9年前
    It sounds to me that you only need the shade to help with sun protection. The rest of the time the sheers are all you need. If that is the case I would recommend using the Hunter Douglas designer screen or roller shades.

I would also recommend that you look at the Hunter Douglas vertiglide. The stack back is minimal. It may be able to hide behind the sheer and not take up any glass.

I will put some examples on my Houzz page for you you see.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9年前

I would just use roller solar shades I love mine and really with drapes you don't need to spend huge money on blinds that are just used to keep out the sun and I love that the view is still there with solar shades.

• nodan
    質問の投稿者
    9年前

Thank you for your replies. I am leaning toward the solar shades but concerned about how plain they are or should I just stop using the word plain and start using the word, 'simple'. My house is contemporary so perhaps that is the way to go. Again, thank you!

• PRO
    Eagle Harbor Window Coverings
    9年前
    I would also do the Designer Screen Roller. Because you have the horizontal side panels the Nantuckets may be too much.
  • PRO
    Eagle Harbor Window Coverings
    9年前

I use 5%. This you can still see out of but, still provides enough UV protection. Usually the screen shades are around 63% to 80% coverage from UV rays. The lower your % the better the coverage. 1% I feel is extreme because you really will not be able to enjoy your view. Unless the sun is just so intence I would do the 5%.

• nodan
    質問の投稿者
    9年前

thank you ... we are definitely leaning toward the 3% or 5%. We were told that the 1% looks like a movie screen. Thank you for replying.