Houzz Logo Print
hntheil

Furniture Disaster

Hnt
9年前
I can't figure out what style of furniture to put in my living room. My husband wants a sectional so we have gotten rid of our sofa and love seat. I have a window that I don't want to block, a square living room, TV above the fireplace and it's an open floor plan to the kitchen and dining room. I want to take down the mirror, remove the rug, and do away with the tables (I think).

コメント (6)

• User
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前

Hi, I think if you were comfortable with the L-shaped layout of your previous furniture, then getting an L-shaped sectional (or even a sectional with chaise) -- with one portion facing the window (or perpendicular to the solid wall across from the fireplace) and the other portion facing the fireplace -- should be a relatively easy transition for your space. This would also keep your window unobstructed.

I have learned (the hard way) the importance of making sure the furniture fits in comfortably in the space. So, do get the right measurements for the new sectional with walkways and other existing or future furniture pieces in mind.

GREEN with Envy: LEED Certified Whole House Renovation · 詳細

Atherton Estate · 詳細

• User
    9年前

[https://www.houzz.com/magazine/so-your-style-is-transitional-stsetivw-vs~1331096[(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/so-your-style-is-transitional-stsetivw-vs~1331096)

As for the style of your new furniture, based on the architecture and other elements of your home as well as your current furniture in the adjacent dining area, I would say transitional style furniture would work well in your space.

Also, you may find the Houzz article posted above a good, interesting read about what this particular design style is about. It's probably one of the most popular styles out there so I'm sure that you'll find an abundance of places to shop for your new furniture.

Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!

• PRO
    Surroundings Custom Interiors, Inc.
    9年前
    Try the Henry sectional from west elm, the three piece version with equal sides. It comes in a ton of of fabric options. A large piece of art to replace the mirror and a mirrored coffee table. -Erin
  • User
    9年前

Hi again, I peeked into your sectional ideabook and saw that this was the sectional style you saved. If this or something similar is what you're hoping to find, take a look at the 3 sectionals posted below. Each of them reminded me of the one in your ideabook.

*** The one in your ideabook ***

Bringing the Movies Home · 詳細

Bringing the Movies Home · 詳細

*** The Carson at Mitchell Gold/Bob Williams ***

*** The Axis at Crate & Barrel *** (note: check out their Davis sectional too which looks very similar)

*** The Lounge II at Crate & Barrel ***

• km kane
    9年前
    I think a sectional will close off the room, negating the open design of the space. Why does husband want a sectional? Pat his dear little head and send him and his dreaded TV to another room.

If this was my space, I'd perhaps go for a longer sofa, remove the love seat, and add two comfy easy chairs. Oh, and move the TV too ;)