Houzz Logo Print
kazetem

Tips please

Karin M.
9年前
I love decorating my house. Normally I redecorate one room per year and move house or have a big renovation every couple of years. Five years ago we built a new house, so I had to decorate the whole house at once.

So now I haven't had the chance to do anything for five years! That drives me nuts. I still love our house like it is, but I am constantly looking for possibility to change things. Because everything is still in good shape, I don't want to spend a lot of money, so no painting, curtains or new furniture. Just looking for little things that can improve my house. Do you have any suggestions?

コメント (21)

• Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    More photos
  • Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    And some more
  • Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Last ones
  • PRO
    Staging and Design by April
    9年前

Your home is lovely, I'm not sure how t improve on it with your restrictions. You have good furnishing, perhaps trying a new furniture layout? Flip it, seperate the two red chairs? As for decor, a few red accents in the kitchen without cluttering it up

• Nancy Travisinteriors
    9年前
    Things on window sill not good. Leave bare. You have a minimal look going.
  • Carol Singletary
    9年前
    The only change I would make to your wonderful home is to the office corner. Can you add a bit of enclosed storage to make that area as clean and simple as the rest of your spaces?
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9年前
    Picture over sofa drop down so 7" above back,of sofa. Also center more. Like your red sofas. Area rug not working.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9年前
    Area rug. Go a contemporary print like yr art. Go colors from that to tie together better. Also add same to pillows. Mix it up.
  • Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thanks everyone. I know the coffee table should be closer to the couch, but in the evening we often use the ottoman in front of the couch for our feet. And when I pull it closer, the red chairs aren't centered any more, which looks weird. I'll try and make a photo.

Any suggestions for rug? We need quite a big one, there isn't much choice in big, affordable rugs.

Also, I'm not in the us, so can't shop there.
  • Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Nancy, nothing at all in window sill?
  • Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Yes, Carol, I hate the mess they make in the office. Will have a look out for something to tidy it up.
  • Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Nancy, any tips for pillows?
  • Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    How's this for a coffee table?
  • User
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前

Hi, you've done a beautiful job with your home. As mentioned, new pillows may help to give your living area a fresh look. I would bring in colors from the artwork, like more greens, blues, yellows. Below is just an example....these are from Jonathan Adler.....but also check Etsy.com for a really good selection of more affordable pillow covers. Crate and Barrel, West Elm, Pier One and other stores may have ones you like too.

• Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thanks Avery, I indeed never took the time to find some good pillows. The ones I have now, I have because I bumped into them.
  • User
    9年前

I like the coffee tables you posted especially the glass one. Don't forget to accessorize it....even just a simple tablescape with books, a vase/bowl and some flowers.

Buckinghamshire Residence by LLI Design. · 詳細

Family Room · 詳細

Laurier Ave. E. · 詳細

• Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Nice examples, Avery! Accessories are my problem, I'm not good at that.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9年前
    Pillow shown are good. When I said room lacks color. I had not seen other rooms. I see you love big bold color. You are not afraid to take a chance. That's always fun in decorating. The coffee you show will work but if you like to put feet up. Get a big square ottoman. 36" you can add a tray if you want to place drinks. Maybe a black and white zebra would work. Yes nothing on windows sill. Keep it simple. Where do you live? Do you have IKEA, they sell rugs at a great price.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9年前
    Accessories are the hardest part of any room. Keep in mind your art over sofa. A great example of colors you can use.
  • Karin M.
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thanks, Nancy. I live in the Netherlands. Yes, we have an Ikea. The coffee tables I showed are Ikea.