Houzz Logo Print
shelleyv3

To grout or not to grout

I'm looking seriously at Alterna LVT for our master-bath. I can't decide if we should install it with our without the grout. We have slab granite on the vanity and tub deck.
Armstrong Alterna Luxury Vinyl Tile · 詳細

コメント (4)

• PRO
    Floor Coverings International - Cincinnati East
    9年前

I absolutely LOVE Alterna, and I really think it looks best WITH grout. When Alterna is installed with grout, it's hard to tell that it's not a ceramic or porcelain tile, except for the fact that it's warmer, softer, and quieter! However, when Alterna is installed without grout, I personally feel it looks too much like a "regular vinyl floor". I would definitely recommend installing with grout.

• PRO
    Zilliant Innovations Inc. Tile*Stone*Grout
    9年前

The grout will be easy to maintain if you make sure you seal it afterwards and use a neutral ph cleaner to maintain it. www.ZilliantInnovations.com

• PRO
    Floor Coverings International - Cincinnati East
    8年前

Actually, the grout used with Armstrong's Alterna is an acrylic grout that does not require sealing. It actually should NOT be sealed. It is guaranteed to not crack or stain. As for cleaning, Armstrong makes a product called "Once 'N Done" that you just spray on and mop off. Easy peasy!

• PRO
    Zilliant Innovations Inc. Tile*Stone*Grout
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

Although, they state that it is stain resistant and will not crack this is often, in my professional experience, not the case. ALL grout stains and discolors unless its epoxy and even that is questionable at times. Epoxy blended grout still stains. We see this in residential and commercial properties. Here is just one link to a person that has used this grout and the grout is clearly not stained resistant. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/cleaning-plus-mold-mildew-stain-removal/540516-deeply-stained-acrylic-sanded-grout-how-clean.html