Houzz Logo Print
nitekate

need help with road noise in front of house

nitekate
11年前
should i use trees,bushes, hedges or a wall.? Its a corner in my newfront yard where most of the noise comes from the 4lane road down the hill,

コメント (10)

• janishill
    11年前
    A combination of all would work best. You would be wise to consult a landscape architect.
  • User
    11年前
    The wall might be a good idea in case someone attempts to scoots off the road accidently; particularly if they might be able to go into your house.
  • PRO
    AtMar Landscape Services, Inc.
    11年前
    In my experience plants foliage do a great job reflecting the sounds in all directions and they come in all heights but there is limitations to the height of the wall. The sound of running fountain also greatly masks the road noise.
  • nitekate
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    Thanks, I'm in southern Ca. Any suggestions on plants?. I was thinking Bambo, but I know it can take over.
  • charleee
    11年前
    There is a California Office of Noise Control ? I live in NorCal, I didn't know that !
  • Russell DuPree
    11年前
    The California Office of Noise Control existed within the Dept. of Public Health from about 1974-1994. It was eliminated during to one of California's many budget crises.
  • charleee
    11年前
    Thanks!
  • PRO
    Ali Atri Photography
    11年前
    Bamboo may be too invasive and in all reality not enough folliage. I like Prunus Caroliana 'compacta' 8–10’ x 6–8’ it comes in standard or column form depending on how much room in the yard. Standard Prunus Caroliana is the larger variety and it get to be 20–30’ x 15–25’. Right side in the attached photo. Any plants you choose you should prune early after planting to encourage thicker canopy
  • PRO
    Kathy Henry Exterior Design
    9年前
    There are non invasive types of bamboo. Look at monrovia.com to research . But I agree with 2 people above. Plants won't add much in the way of sound control, but will make you feel enclosed, which can be an advantage. Running water (fountain or water feature) is a good bet!