Houzz Logo Print
kbrendon

Lighting plan help

kbrendon
11年前

Hello,

We are almost to the electrical phase of our new construction home and I just found out that lighting places around here don't do recessed lighting plans. The electrician just asks the home owner where to place them. I would prefer to come up with a more detailed plan. I have done a little bit of research on these forums and the attached plan is what I have come up with. I think that the can lights and pendants should cover the lighting in every room except for the great room. I am trying to not go overboard with the can lights in that room. The fan in there will have 3 lights on it and we will supply the rest through lamps.

I would appreciate any advice that I can get.

Thanks

コメント (2)

• David
    11年前

Potentially under-lit.

The following link could be useful in determining the number of cans.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED recessed can guide/ discussion

• PRO
    luminous nw
    11年前

In areas where you want more intimacy (Family Room, Master Bedroom), light from lamps and sconces increase your feeling of comfort. You don't need to see everything in the room, so overhead lighting should be minimal. Kitchens need LOTS of light, but on counters, which means that undercabinet lighting is necessary. (Your shadow will spoil most light from the ceiling.)

PR