Houzz Logo Print
muskadobbit

What shall I do for these low windows?

muskadobbit
11年前
最終更新:11年前
We've recently renovated the upstairs but kept the sleeping space cozy under the cottage roof. We have put in new windows and now we need curtains or blinds. We need a bit of privacy, and we need to block the light for summertime sleeping.
(The skylight has it's own shade.)

コメント (6)

• dsnguru1
    11年前
    Shutters would work well. While they are not blackout, they do keep out a lot of light, and heat in the summer. You can get them with a divider rail so that the upper slats operate independently of the lower ones. They also have enough visual weight to feel "finished" without additional treatments. The bed is then the star of the room.
  • PRO
    Custom Home Planning Center
    11年前
    Window quilts added higher than normal can be left up to the point that they let all the available light in, but fill the wall in a way that looks like the windows continue up. With their foil centers and a solid number of fabric choices these DIY installed shades are all pre cut and ready to go. I hand them in place on one project for over 15 years with no problems and rated at an R-4 when down doesn't hurt the utility bills any. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=window+quilts+insulated+shades&qpvt=window+quilts+insulated+shades&FORM=IGRE
  • charleee
    11年前
    Steve! That was my idea too! Here we go again!
  • muskadobbit
    質問の投稿者
    11年前
    Some great ideas here, thanks.
  • PRO
    Second Glance Design, LLC
    11年前
    I can easily see white folding shutters in your windows. The room has a great feel for shutters...especially with the cargo style bed.