Houzz Logo Print
robynegreene

Blank wall girl nursery

Hi - I'm looking for some design or art ideas for my daughters bedroom. There is a really large blank wall on one side of the room and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I don't think we can really put any furniture against it because you would walk right into it when you walk in the room. I also don't want to do anything too babyish with wall murals. Any ideas for me? Thanks in advance!!

コメント (6)

• decoenthusiaste
    9年前
    It won't be long until you'll be looking for toy storage, so consider a large set of storage units or large cubbies for baskets. These are from IKEA.
    My Houzz: Breezy Beauty in 750 Square Feet · 詳細

Dallas, TX: Stolp · 詳細
  • acm
    9年前
    Agree that some storage might be useful, but another thing to do is look for some large colorful posters that you could hang there to give something for the baby to look at and enjoy as she grows. Large, bold images and colors are best -- do something inexpensive, and you can change it up when she's older.
  • curiousitygetatome
    9年前
    Hi- I suggest something a little more timeless. You do not want, in the future, to have to redo the bedroom for your new older daughter. I suggest either 3 things: A wallpaper, photo collage wall or a painted art design. For the wallpaper I would suggest something slightly sophisticated like flowers. You can also you a sticker wallpaper if you do not like plaster idea. The only downside is that it's expensive and also can look busy. For the photo collage, the advantage of this is that you can always change out the photo if it's framed or replace a poster you use. And the creativity is endless. Your daughter, when she grows older, can maybe even draw on a chalkboard on her wall! And for the painted art design, I suggest you make a herringbone design with various shades of pink like in the photo attached. Hope this helps you!
  • PRO
    NatureArtist
    9年前
    I've been using a lot more decor made from flowers or items found in nature even in nurseries because it grows with the child and can be more sophisticated.
  • sandradclark
    9年前
    I have been told that babies need bright primary colors so their little eyes can learn to focus. I would go with fairly large shapes (perhaps stickers) so they can be moved around for interest. Squares, circles, diamonds, pyramids, animal shapes. Ikea is a wonderful place to choose storage pieces for baby. Also to get inspiration. Bright saturated colors. Even though the soft cudlly pinks & off-whites may be our choice. Want to think of what the baby needs for stimulation.