Houzz Logo Print
kareine

Need help for my living room

kareine
9年前
hi to every one
i have 2 red sofas and a black dinind table and black dining chairs in my living room. I have a big problem to decorate my palours , i dont which colours and type of curtains can be best for my big window , which colours of carpet can be best with my red sofas . I need ideas for the decoration , of the whole living room . My living room wall is white and can t be changed, as you can see in the pictures.
All ideas ,photos are welcome.
thank you in advance.

コメント (44)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    9年前
    what are the size of the two cabinets behind the desk? does the computer need to be close to the tv for connection purposes? all your art is much much too high, must all be lowered to at least your eye level. and group either 2 and 2 or all 4 together. a zebra rug could be fabulous! are those doors or just window behind curtain?
    kareineさんはflair lightingさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
  • MarleneM
    9年前
    I suggest searching on Houzz for rooms with red sofas to give yourself some inspiration and it also helps us to now what kind of a look you would like.
    Here is a photo of a small room with red sofa and white walls, and other colour added. Turquoise pairs well with red.
    http://houzz.com/photos/15947332
    kareineさんはMarleneMさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Vango Art - Original art from emerging artists
    9年前
    Hey Kaerine, have you considered hanging art on your wall. Here is one piece I came across, but happy to send you a few more suggestions if you like it.

Cheers,
    Ethan

Composition With Black White And Red Original By Modernartbyada · 詳細
    kareineさんはVango Art - Original art from emerging artistsさんにお礼を言いました
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    hello Flair lighting, thanks so much for your suggestions and for the plans.
    Please can you tell me where are the cabinet and the computer on your plan?
    The cabinet behind the desk is 121cm wide and 118 cm high, the computer needs to be near the tv for connection purpuse . Behind curtain s are french windows.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9年前
    the computer is on the left with the cabinet, but this will not work for your connection. can you take a picture of the cabinet. perhaps you can turn it and put the TV on top, eliminate the little stand all together.
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    thanks for your ideas Flair lighting, here is a photo of the cabinet and the photo of the rug we just bought we could find a zebra rug ,we thought this may match as well. I dont have a coffee table and near the door on the left side there will be an empty space what can we put there to close the gab, and about putting the tv on top of the cabinet dont you think it wll be too hight?
  • PRO
    Carpet and Textile
    9年前
    I think this Hand Knotted Persian Bukhara Rug will look more beautiful with your red color sofa. What's your Thought?
    kareineさんはCarpet and Textileさんにお礼を言いました
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    the persian red rug rug is fabulous , but i think it is too red , because the sofas are already red and with the red i thing it will be too res over there:)
    what do you thing
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9年前
    i like the old rug better, this new one is too pink.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9年前
    before much else try pulling the long couch out and turning it so the back is to the windows, move it forward enough for the dining table to fit behind. lets see how that looks.
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    i will do that and post the photos tomorrow, thanks for the advice
  • groveraxle
    9年前
    I can't tell where the TV is located? Is it on the wall across from the window? Definitely try Flair's arrangement. I like the first plan best.

The Persian-type rug is all wrong for the space. You can go modern or boho, but traditional is not gonna work with those red sofas. I also find all red and black and white way too stark. It becomes tiresome after awhile. Try introducing some warm neutrals, browns and tans.
    kareineさんはgroveraxleさんにお礼を言いました
  • groveraxle
    9年前
    Here's an earthy look for you. Your curtains are too skimpy to close and it looks like you need to block some intense light, so get a bamboo blind. Then just use your curtains as panels at each end.

You can do a plain sisal or jute rug in natural color, and a reclaimed wood coffee table for more texture. Lose the torchiere and replace it with a real lamp.

If your pictures are prints, frame them. In any case, lower them to about the height shown below: eye level when sitting at the table.

Some earthy kilim pillows and an antique dough bowl on the table add interest.
    kareineさんはgroveraxleさんにお礼を言いました
  • Irene Morresey
    9年前
    Some ideas, love red
  • Irene Morresey
    9年前
    Some ideas, love red
  • Tamy
    9年前
    Oh gosh, I have to say I never thought red could be so nice...these pictures are beautiful examples!
  • Geneviève
    9年前
    You could paint the walls a light grey and get something like this for rug , add touches of black all throughout the room
    4'x6' Hand-Tufted Black and Gray With Red Living Room Shaggy Area Rug · 詳細
    kareineさんはGenevièveさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    User
    9年前
    i would advice u to stay away from any paters
    red is already enough of the accent. if u wanna u a bit more red u can use red shades (however i would go for light grey or white) and light single light color rug
    ad red with some small details like floor lamp and wall art (but make sure its very close in color)
    and use glass furniture
  • meki35
    9年前
    As far as curtains and a rug for what you have as of the moment. I would blend or be subtle the red is so bold and beautiful you don't want to take away from it.

https://www.jossandmain.com/Parisian-Allure-Caitie-Rug~FV48257~E15787.html?keyword=Rugs

http://m.target.com/p/nate-berkus-origami-print-curtain-panel-cream/-/A-14951493
    kareineさんはmeki35さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Carpet and Textile
    9年前
    Check some more Photos of rugs, might be more relevant to your room.. Here is the url where you will find more collection of Rugs http://carpetandtextile.com/carpets/hand-tufted-rugs
  • deanli14
    9年前
    Traditional rug designs are such a no no with your current furniture. interiordesignme seems to be on the right path for you as you have already chosen such strong furniture pieces that equally strong accessories might appeal to you. Simple palette but striking effect
    kareineさんはdeanli14さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Casamero
    9年前
    I think you should change the rug its not suiting according to your interior!
    Custom Rugs to Enhance Your Home · 詳細
    kareineさんはCasameroさんにお礼を言いました
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    hello Flair lighting a you suggested i rearranged the dining room here are some pictures ,.
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    here is one more more picture
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    i changed the rug later may be after the new year , i agree with you that it doesnt matches with the sofas , thanks for the advice
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    meki 35 i changed my curtains what do u think of the new ones?
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9年前
    can the dining table be made smaller by removing a leaf? move the table and the couch so they are centered to the window behind then pull the love seat off the wall and over. the cabinet is too tall for the tv but it looks much more nice on a stand like this. bring back the old rug for now. pull the extra dining chairs on to the rug.
  • groveraxle
    9年前
    There isn't room for the dining table behind the sofa. Where is the kitchen? In fact, where are doors to other rooms of the apartment?
  • sandradclark
    9年前
    The new drapes are much better now. They have some of the colors from your Persian rug. I would leave the tv on the lower stand as you 1st had it. Put the table where it was first, but take a leaf out. If you can place the tall cabinet kitty corner where it will fit or between the window & the love seat. Set the other two dining chairs to use as extra seating. Mat & frame the prints you have on the wall & hang them closer to each other, but place two above two.
    kareineさんはsandradclarkさんにお礼を言いました
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    The leaf of the table can t be taken out, I found the the arrangement very nice , but we had a big problem the living room is not big enough , and the sofas and dining are huge , i went shopping and my husand changed the new arrangement to the old one , so i am confused right now
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Groveaxle the door giving to the other rooms of the house is at the left side of the 2 dining room opposite it is the kitchen door and just behind it the is a corridor
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    i know right , the rug will be changed , the old one was already thrown away , i will have to buy another one
  • User
    9年前
    I don't think you need a rug, but I'm not a rug fan.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9年前
    i like the curtains a lot! but they fight the style of the couches a bit. here is the thing, seems like you like traditional things, and these sofas are modern. approach with an idea, I like the rug you had it fit the couches. but if you like the rug you have now, style wise we need to blend the sofas in. painting the walls will help too. I also agree the table is much to large in the space. is it possible to sell that one end get a smaller one?
  • groveraxle
    9年前
    She can't paint, flair.
  • PRO
    Back Stage Realty
    9年前
    Ok, I'm a Realtor not an interior designer, but I think you would get more mileage from the larger furniture by having the open space central to all of the pieces so that they all use the same basic traffic pattern. I agree with a post above about the table being a little large. If you went with a round table in front of the French doors they wouldn't feel as inaccessible and closed off from the room. Move your longest piece of furniture to the longest solid wall and by putting the cabinet/tv on the wall where the dining table started out you open up the room and all seating arrangements are accessible to the tv and somewhat facing the entry door. When you entertain the table offers another seating area and everyone is facing toward the center of the room for a more social climate!
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9年前
    thats the way the room is now.....if you look at the original pic. the smaller table is the need here!
  • PRO
    ACT ONE DESIGNS
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    Try using taupe with red. This will soften things up a bit and tie in with your existing darker pieces. I like Back Stage Realty's floor plan. Here are some suggestions for curtains and furnishings...
    1. Taupe Viole Sheer Curtains: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-Taupe-Brown-Voile-Sheer-Window-Curtain-Drape-Panels-Treatment-/280755756874
    2. Grace round dining table: https://olioboard.com/items/123831-west-elm-grace-round-expandable-dining-table-barley-beige
    3. Acura Rug: http://www.wayfair.com/Acura-Rugs-Contempo-Brown-Red-Area-Rug-CT-112-VYZ1037.html
    4. Bronze Table Lamp: http://www.lampsplus.com/products/buckhead-bronze-urn-table-lamp__4c530.html
    kareineさんはACT ONE DESIGNSさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
  • PRO
    ACT ONE DESIGNS
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    Side table to go in the corner between your two sofas...
    https://olioboard.com/items/1231366-ashton-black-wood-side-table-w6175
    kareineさんはACT ONE DESIGNSさんにお礼を言いました
  • kareine
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Merry Xmas to you all ,
    and thanks so much for yours advices