Houzz Logo Print
amanda_decaussinabbott

Upkeep with stainless steel kitchen sink?? help me make a decision.

Amanda Abbott
9年前
最終更新:9年前
Hey all- We are in the process of building a new home and it's kitchen sink decision time. We would like to purchase a large single bowl sink..32 inches. (Sparkling White Quartz countertop, clear subway glass backsplash, coffee bean stain on cherry cabinets). I was thinking about the Kraus 32" single bowl...but...I am concerned about the upkeep? It seems that it requires to be wiped out after every use....Seriously..I'm a mom of 3 small kids...it's not going to happen. That is the manufacterers recommendation, but I am curious if it will rust, or not..it says it is a commercial, satin finish. Any help/feedback would be appreciated. (trying to stay in $300 allowance for sink)..Thanks so much.

コメント (4)

• PRO
    Limekiln Hill Studio
    9年前
    That is a good choice. It will not rust. To keep it looking fresh, wipe it down with stainless steel cleaner occasionally. But don't sweat it, rinsing after each use is fine.
  • PRO
    Maltby Design
    9年前
    I don't think I've ever met anyone who wipes down their kitchen sink after each use. I will spray down the sides or give a quick wipe with a dish cloth to remove soap and bits of food but I'm lucky to get around to cleaning it more than once a month (if that). A tin of stainless steel cleaning powder is all you need. It's very easy and doesn't take more than a couple of minutes. I do recommend buying the heaviest gauge of stainless that you can afford.
  • Amanda Abbott
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Me either...however after reading the comments at the bottom of this post: https://www.houzz.com/magazine/kitchen-sinks-stainless-steel-shines-for-affordability-and-strength-stsetivw-vs~7435983
    I got very concerned over the upkeep...I currently have an old builder spec stainless sink...and...I don't care about water spots or scratches...it's sink..made for water..and spots. I'm just not that person that has a perfect sink...it occasionally happens.. :) but definitely not daily. Trying not to overthink it, but don't want to be dissatisfied either.
  • sandycookston
    9年前
    I love my Blanco 16x30 ss sink, but you have to live with spots or make yourself crazy trying to keep it spotless!!