Houzz Logo Print
krosebax

How to keep indoor plants dog proof?

krosebax
9年前
My flatmate has a very large and very boisterous labradoodle who likes to rummage through every vessel he can find. How would I go about using plants indoors whilst keeping them out of his reach? There is plenty of space for shelves/wall mounts/hooks.

Thanks!

コメント (3)

• Barbara Dunstan
    9年前
    Katie,
    I would first see if the dog was going to even bother an indoor plant by buying a good solid ceramic pot and buy a cheap safe plant reccomended by the nursery so that if the dog does destroy the plant then it didn't cost much.
    You could buy fairly tall pots that would require a bit of agility for the dog to touch the plants too.
    Ultimately, you could try to do a bit of "dog training" by placing the plant in the home and carefully watching the dog, firmly say "no" or "ahh" if he looks like he's going to touch the plant and if he backs away, then call him and reward him with either a long lasting treat or similar or even a cuddle or a toy.
    Boisterous can be just a bored dog, so plenty of positive training like you would if you had a child in the home that you wanted to keep away from the plant.
    Good luck.
    krosebaxさんはBarbara Dunstanさんにお礼を言いました
  • rachelduncan123
    9年前
    I work at a pet shop and I'd say one of the most effective ways to prevent negative behaviors from your room mates dog would be citronella. Should be able to buy it in a spray bottle and spray it on the plant an anywhere else the dog might be destructive (eg the couch) and they hate the smell so they'll avoid it no expensive training or anything complicated :) best of luck with it
    krosebaxさんはrachelduncan123さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Bloodwood Botanica
    7年前

Oh wow! With a face like that I bet he would get away with just about anything!

I have a couple of solutions that would be perfect for you, from hanging plants to wall mounted 'Living Sculptures'.

Here's one idea but there are many more options as well as custom made designs specifically for your space x

Elk Pipes · 詳細

'Living Sculptures'