Houzz Logo Print
drewjag

What to do with this bathroom?

Drew Jag
9年前
Going to upload a few new photos soon, but till then this is all I got. Bought my first house & this is the main floor bath. Looking into ways to renovate the space. What would you do to this bathroom?

Mainly looking at paint color, what to do with vinyl flooring, and ways to renovate the space.

コメント (13)

• Nancy Travisinteriors
    9年前
    Don't see pictures?
  • mcbmd3
    9年前
    The old tub seems to be the star of the show. I'd start with it and build around its charm, if that is your taste. Perhaps bead board on lower half of walls, possible on ceiling. Good luck.
  • anne dee
    9年前
    Are u keeping the beige(?) tile?
  • Drew Jag
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Hhhmm, uploaded two photos. Hopefully you can see them now
  • Drew Jag
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Hey Anne,
    I haven't decided yet, looking for what would be the priority on renovating the bathroom. Definitely wanted to change the floors, keep the main layout of the room, but open to doing flooring & different tile but I don't have an eye for design for what colors or tiles I should consider
  • printesa
    9年前
    it depends on the budget. If you want to do something for now and it t looks like you want to change the floor first, look at penny size tile. Here is an example that has the floor tile in several colors (some are blue and others are a soft yellow; check the project's other photos)
    Kelly Scanlon Interior Design · 詳細

If you don't want to remove the wall tiles for now, paint the wall a similar color as the tiles.
    Change either of the faucets so they match each other.
  • intown123
    9年前
    If you are keeping the wall tile which I think looks fine, I would change the floor tile to something in keeping with the vintage vibe of the bathroom. I would consider penny tile, hexagons or a basketweave. Here is an example of something using the browns from Lowes. I think the wall color looks nice in a white. I like to match the finish on plumbing fixtures even if you do something different for lighting. I think all chrome would be appropriate here.
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_488485-53144-BRPR05_0__?productId=50047977&Ntt=penny+tile&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpenny%2Btile&facetInfo=
  • intown123
    9年前
    It looks like a few of us were all thinking penny tile at the same time :)
  • PRO
    Winsupply of Cleveland
    9年前
    That cabinet for linen doesn't do much for the design of the room, makes it look institutional almost. Get built-ins or a nicer vanity.
  • PRO
    Endeavour Developments
    9年前
    Definitely combine the cabinet and sink with a nicer vanity. Move the toilet paper holder and towel bars, as they are in positions where they will get wet and it looks a bit messy. Definitely match the finished on the plumbing fixtures. This article has some great colour ideas http://www.avenuecalgary.com/Shopping-Style/Behr-Paints-Introduces-2014-Colour-Trends/. I think the "seaside harmony" series might work well to play around with, and you might be able to get away with leaving the tile for now and just replacing the floor.
  • intown123
    9年前
    It might be fun to paint the underside of your tub as well if everything else is kept neutral.
    Beach House · 詳細
  • anne dee
    9年前
    if you are looking for a temporary fix until you decide what you would really like to do to this space you might consider painting the walls a blue colour with towels and other elements to coordinate.
    You might consider a recessed shower curtain as this does double duty by covering the tub and the window.
    Clifford Residence · 詳細