Houzz Logo Print
sheahomesaz

POLL: What do you think of this backsplash?

How do you like this creative backsplash design? Yes, No, or Post your favs!!
Inspiration Alert!
YES
NO
OTHER

コメント (38)

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    9年前
    I call this "GI Joe" Camo-tile. It looks like a "desert storm" army print to me. I'm not a fan. It is now all starting look a like at this point in time.

Nice work though.
    Shea Homes - ArizonaさんはCancork Floor Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    9年前
    Nice work. I think the tile looks great with the dark cabinetry, but I agree with Cancork Floor. Camo-tile for sure.
    Shea Homes - ArizonaさんはSoCal Contractorさんにお礼を言いました
  • makaloco
    9年前
    Sorry, but I've seen way too many of these long, skinny horizontal glass tile mosaics in recent months, both on Houzz and when I was looking for a backsplash myself. Agree with others that this particular one doesn't work well with the granite, although it was a good choice for the cabinets.
    Shea Homes - Arizonaさんはmakalocoさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    9年前
    Personally I like it. But you know what, it doesn't mater what any of us think, it's whether you like it or not. Picture of my kitchen attached.
    Shea Homes - ArizonaさんはCreative Visual Concepts, Kevin Straderさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Shea Homes - ArizonaさんはInterior Affairs -- Vickie Daeleyさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Jana Donohoe Designs
    9年前
    I think this kind of backsplash is over used. I would think of classic styles that don't go out of style and date the kitchen immediately after installing it. That's just my opinion though. :)
    Shea Homes - ArizonaさんはJana Donohoe Designsさんにお礼を言いました
  • Sheri
    9年前
    It's attractive and goes nicely with the cabinets but I wouldn't consider it creative at this point. Those skinny tiles, particularly in brown tones seem to be very popular right now!
    Shea Homes - ArizonaさんはSheriさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    9年前
    Of all the things in a renovation the backsplash seems to get an inordinate amount of discussion. I say go with what you like the best. When you think about it the floor, cabinets, counters all cost more than the backsplash and are much more difficult to change. About the only things easier to change would be the paint, hardware & lighting.

Therefore I say go with the backsplash you like now and if in 5 - 10 years you are tired of it then it's a fairly easy change.
    Shea Homes - ArizonaさんはCreative Visual Concepts, Kevin Straderさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Square Footage Inc.
    9年前
    It is dated and is part of a previous trend. Typically you see this type of backsplash tile on special at the big name home improvement stores, which is the reason why builders / contractors are pushing it. The fact that it is on special is a good indicator of being out of style. Do not install this backsplash unless you are actively looking for that late 90's, early 2000's kitchen design look.
    Shea Homes - ArizonaさんはSquare Footage Inc.さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    9年前
    Gee, I didn't realize my 10 month old kitchen renovation was so outdated. I guess the fact that my wife and I really, really liked it means nothing. Square Footage, I bet you use that real trendy subway tile in all your kitchen renovations. Your arrogance is noted.
  • PRO
    Wesley Design Inc.
    9年前
    Conflicting and busy with granite. If it were all one color it would calm it down.
  • Darzy
    9年前
    The back splash is beautiful and looks great with the cabinets. I do agree that a less busy counter would have given the tile the star and not have to compete with the counter. It doesn't look dated to me. I think the pros see the same style so often they get bored with "the same old trend!"
  • granny4ten
    9年前
    So tired of hearing the "pros" say things are dated, everyone is doing it etc...Since that is all THEY see, they think EVERYONE is remodeling and doing the exact same thing. I haven't seen this backsplash in anybody's house and I live in LA where you see everything.
  • User
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    There's nothing creative about this. It's the epitome of a 2012 builder's special.
  • Kat Cheng
    9年前
    I suspect that professionals are going to be a tad more critical of their fellow professionals. ;)

Regarding the backsplash--I do think it clashes a bit with the countertop material. Otherwise, it's fine! I think many people would like it.
  • PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    9年前
    Not appealing at all.
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    9年前
    it's a very "typical" backsplash tile. Nothing special.
  • hgatt
    9年前
    Totally clashes with the countertop
  • PRO
    Sharon Lewis Homes
    9年前
    I find these backsplashes too busy.
  • Belle La Vue
    9年前
    Backsplash is too busy with the granite.
  • PRO
    Sharon Lewis Homes
    9年前
    As a Realtor, I see a lot of homes....I am seeing this in some of the model homes...I think it works with the cabinets, not the granite though. And I would change the paint color to something more neutral
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    9年前
    I agree with the busy back splash commentary. There are so many tile patterns and options out there, this is one that has been seen and done too many times. Cynthia@gkb
  • PRO
    Urbanata/Steve
    9年前
    Looks like an numerous episodes from "Property Brothers" on HGTV or "Flip or Flop".
  • PRO
    J Malone Designs LLC
    9年前
    Pretty but a bit much with the granite. Maybe a section of it framed out by the stove and a more simple subway tile everywhere else.
  • patypucon
    9年前
    Too dark and serious. I think that with a colourful touch it would be still nicer
  • Eva Lutz
    9年前
    it's not my taste but if you replaced some of the upper cabinet fronts with glass ones the look would be much lighter and far less severe
  • liljean
    9年前
    Even if the 2 materials didn't look too busy together I am afraid this look is so overused right now that you might as well just post a sign on your backsplash of the year that you laid the tile. This all looks VERY heavy, dated and uninspired.
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    9年前
    I like Eva Lutz's comment to install some glass fronts and lighten up the cabinets. It could be frosted glass if you don't want the inside to be seen. The backsplash is a bit too busy for me as well.
  • PRO
    FurreverYours
    9年前
    I agree that the backsplash is too busy alongside this granite countertop. #BeSeenBeSafe
  • PRO
    User
    9年前
    The splash and countertop are in a competition. Although both are attractive products.. the focal point has been lost.
  • susanvpaige
    9年前
    It's awfully busy, and the white outlets don't help.
  • poorfatgirl73
    9年前
    It is busy and the white outlets should probably a ittle less stark. However, when the countertops begin to be filled with 'stuff' (like cannisters, cookie jars, utensil holders, and all other sorts of decorations), it will break up the 'busy-ness' and look much better. The granite used on the countertops is just so-so, IMO!
  • lisashrout
    9年前
    I like it with the cabinets. You might try a brushed nickel plate cover for the outlets.
  • Allison Grant-Johnson
    9年前
    love the cabinets but i would use another back drop and color paint
  • christiania
    9年前
    Not a fan of spotty backsplashes. This one overpowers the counter big time. I agree that a softer, classic approach is the way to go.
  • badamshoover
    9年前
    Too busy and dated as others have posted. It screams "early 21st Century" and will ultimately bring down the resale value of your home, unless, of course, you plan to renovate again.
  • Sharm Cressey
    9年前

I have to agree too busy