Houzz Logo Print
kritika11

Retiling our shower, color and pattern help please!

Attached are the tiles we really like and would like to use in our master bath. Our house is Spanish style. The tile are arranged how we think we want the shower walls to be. White subway tile above, decorative border tile, and teal blue (diagonally) below the border. Will the teal below be out of place? Too much? Should the subway be on the bottom (ie. reversed?) Any ideas would help. PS. we are demoing the drop in tub and opting for clawfoot...so there will be no tile in the tub area.

コメント (12)

• Carolina
    9年前
    I love your idea. Beautiful tiles.
    I think it would be nice to let the tile follow through above the vanity.
  • Carolina
    9年前
    Just some inspiration I came across...
    Private Woodside Residence · 詳細

Spanish Accent Home · 詳細

Bathrooms · 詳細

classical spanish eclectic remodel · 詳細

Mediterranean Bathroom · 詳細

Spanish Revival Restoration · 詳細
  • PRO
    Stone Improvement Inc.
    9年前
    Continuing into the trim is a great idea to pull the colors of the entire bathroom together.
  • Kristen Jobe
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thanks for the pictures! Ok, so teal is not too overboard. We are definitely going to add sink backsplash of the same decorative tile. Do the backsplash and shower border need to be the same height? I see most backsplash are one row of tile. What does everyone think of something wider? For example, the picture titled "classical spanish eclectic remodel" has a row of field tile below. Necessary? Or just keep it simple? Thanks again for the advice :o)
  • PRO
    User
    9年前
    i like the tiles and the arrangement you suggested. my only problem is with the borders. i think you don't need them. plus they are very hard to clean
    Kristen JobeさんはUserさんにお礼を言いました
  • Kathy Skilton
    8年前

Hellooooo. I realize this post is several years old but I Love that tile. Did you end up using them? Do you have a photo you can share? And, where is the tile from? Many Thanks!

• Kristen Jobe
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Hi There, We did end up using them! We bought this tile from https://www.villaandmissionimports.com/

The tile can be ordered in any color combinations you want. This combination, Pierre, the owner at Villa Mission called the "point loma" as it was designed by an architect for a historic home in Point Loma, San Diego. :) We copied it. Hope this helps.

• aprilneverends
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

Beautiful bathroom!

We also bought some tile in Villa Mission..great place, though traffic to there from us is insufferable..

• Natalie
    8年前

Oh this turned out Gorgeous!!!

I'm so glad you posted after photos. Enjoy! :))

• Kathy Skilton
    8年前
    It is so beautiful. Thank you for the info. I also love the other pattern and assume you purchased it together.
  • Kathy Skilton
    8年前

Can you tell me the name of the deco you used in the shower? Did you custom order the color?