Houzz Logo Print
thepalmettoporch

Center pendants over kitchen island??

My new build kitchen island is about 5' x 7' - i am prewiring for 2 pendants and my preference would be to center the 2 pendants (I'm planning on 2 larger lantern pendants) across whole counter (including overhang).

Does anyone have concerns with this or what would you do?

コメント (13)

• thepalmettoporch
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    I'm thinking something like the attached.
  • PRO
    Crystal Spriggs Brockwell Designs
    9年前
    sounds like that would work to me
  • njschaefer78
    9年前
    That sounds logical. Is there a sink or cooktop in the island? If yes, you might consider how important task lighting might be and rethink how you lay out the lighting.
  • PRO
    JFRivet Design
    9年前
    If you put pendants, just make sure to hang them at the right height, so you don't bump your forehead on them whale cooking!
  • PRO
    JFRivet Design
    9年前
    *while
  • PRO
    Great Spaces LLC
    9年前
    Can you include a photo of your kitchen? Lights in this situation are a great decorating opportunity for adding character to an otherwise rather neutrally decorated kitchen.
  • thepalmettoporch
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    I don't really have a photo as it is being built now but will try to find a photo of a similar model.

There will be a large undermount sink on the island.

What is a good height to hang - I guess will depend on my lanterns but we have 10' ceilings.
  • Carol Johnson
    9年前
    We usually loop wire (I think this is what they call it) in the island area, then get the exact location after cabinets are installed, often even waiting for tops. Do you have your cabinet layout?
  • thepalmettoporch
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Representative kitchen layout is below for layout reference - my finishes are broke too - white shaker perimeter cabinets and dove gray island with quartz Carrara looking countertops.

I'm planning on doing 2 larger simple polished or brushed nickel lanterns.

Thanks for help!
  • PRO
    Great Spaces LLC
    9年前
    So, the cabinets are light grey and white with light countertops. What color is your floor? The lanterns add a traditional or colonial vibe. Keep in mind, they will be a bit of a focal point and should be in keeping with the decorating theme of your kitchen as well as adjoining rooms.
  • thepalmettoporch
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Will have dark wood floors and white subway tile backsplash with gray grout.

My decorating style is definitely more traditional with a twist.
  • PRO
    SoCal Contractor
    9年前
    I agree, sounds like it would work.