Houzz Logo Print
toby1994

Expert Decking Advice Needed Please......

toby1994
9年前
Hi, live in Canada so extreme weather conditions. Just restored out deck to original pressure treated wood. Really would like to keep the same colour so looking for a clear stain. Want protection from sun, mold etc.....
Just bought Thompsons waterseal but the reviews are not good and say that mold will grow after a year.

Does anyone know what the best stuff is to use. Thanks kindly.

コメント (6)

• toby1994
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Hi, yes that was just to show how clean the deck came up, a before and after shot.

We just need to give it a clean now and then it will be ready for the treatment/protection coat. Like I said we really just want the colour of the wood and grain to show through no colour.

My husband used BEHR Premium Wood Stain & Finish Stripper and a lot of elbow grease. We did not use a pressure washer, just a scrubbing brush and the hose. The reviews were we read on this product were not good but most people don't want to do the work. I mean you have to scrub and put some sweat into it but the results look great.
  • PRO
    Stone Improvement Inc.
    9年前
    My company restores concrete and stone but some of the brand sealants we use also make wood sealants. I would recommend looking for a more permanent sealant that you won't have to reapply every year. Check out both of these companies. Coval's Floor Coat H2O is water based and lasts longer. Creto's wood sealant I believe is a permanent sealant as well. I know their concrete sealant lasts the life of the substrate. Invest now and it will save you time and money later.

http://www.cretoworldwide.com/WPS_Description.aspx
    http://covalmolecular.com/products/coval-wood/
  • Carol Johnson
    9年前
    We are using a product called Super Deck. It's going on this weekend.
  • toby1994
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Stone Improvement Inc, thanks for the info, will check this product out for sure.
  • toby1994
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Carol,

Is it a clear stain you are using? Please let me know what you think to it. Have not heard of this product, will google it and read up on it.