Houzz Logo Print
nourahomes

Which railing is your favourite?

Which one do you like? Glass railings, wood railings or a combination of the two?
Glass railing
Wood railing
Glass railing with wood framing

コメント (16)

• PRO
  • moggie73
    9年前
    Odd ... the pic of the 'wood' seems to be combination of wood and iron? Could be my tired eyes. Still, I do like an interesting combination of materials. Glass is wonderful, where it is reachable and cleanable.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    9年前
    Glass with wood provides a nice balance in style.
    Noura HomesさんはDytectureさんにお礼を言いました
  • midmodfan
    9年前
    Depends on the style of the house. I would NEVER again choose something like #1, though. It's almost impossible to clean with all those metal fittings and tight gaps.
  • Darlene Southern
    9年前
    Gina has a great point about fingerprints---I voted for the glass because I love the look, but you have to keep in mind kiddie fingers and pet noses. Unfortunately, the coolest looks require the most upkeep!
    Noura HomesさんはDarlene Southernさんにお礼を言いました
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    9年前
    Wood. I would've went with a lighter stain color though
  • PRO
    Noura Homes
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! We will definitely take them into consideration for future projects.
  • PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    9年前
    wood railings with iron spindles is the look!
  • lefty47
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    HI -- I like the look of the glass but..... having nothing in my sight ,and the feeling of falling off , the all glass railings kind of freaks me out . I get weak in the knees and not in a good way !
    Noura Homesさんはlefty47さんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    FINNE Architects
    9年前
    Your choices are too limited!
    Here is the stair we just finished at our Elliott Bay House, with steel stair structure, floating wood treads, Waterjet-cut steel railing and custom milled wood top rail.
    Elliott Bay House Under Construction · 詳細
  • PRO
    Echo Etching
    9年前
    Beautiful!
  • Daniel Garcia
    9年前
    Love that glass with wood one. Can you give me the location in houzz where you got that image please. Would like to add it to my ideabook. Thanks
  • PRO
    Noura Homes
    質問の投稿者
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    Hi Daniel, you can find the image in Noura's ideal book "Ideas for entry&railings" :)
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    9年前
    Each railing is perfect in each of the settings provided.
  • PRO
    Dawson & Clinton
    9年前
    I love the glass and wood combo. Floating treads are also a lot of fun. Here are a few of my favorites from our portfolio.
    Modern Staircase in open floor plan · 詳細

Palo Alto Residence · 詳細

Jackson Street · 詳細