Houzz Logo Print
dcarendt

Skylight? Horizontal or vertical

dcarendt
9年前
Got a dead space in kitchen. Would like to do a skylight. Solar tube too small - have one already. Leaning towards a skylight but vertical or horizontal? Thoughts?

コメント (5)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    9年前
    Would need to see more views of this 'kitchen'.
  • Nancy Walton
    9年前
    Usually a skyligiht is installed parallel to whichever way the roof trusses go for an easier and structurally stable installation
  • PRO
    Solatube International, Inc.
    9年前
    You should not completely rule out the solution of a tubular skylight as there are many options that can illuminate your space with sufficient natural daylight. Few of the major benefits of tubular skylights over traditional skylights include the ease of installation and the reduced cost. A Premier Dealer in your area will most likely offer a free consultation to help you understand all of the options available for naturally lighting your kitchen. Find the dealer near you at www.solatube.com. Good luck with your remodel!
  • Nancy Walton
    9年前
    I agree. I put in two Solatubes for less than one Velux unit, and I love it. Now I don't have to turn lights on in the daytime!
  • PRO
    Solarise Tube Skylights
    9年前
    Another option to Solatube is the Sun Glo tubular skylight. Unlike the traditional bubble tube that can stick up 15-17 inches on your roof line, Sun Glo only stands 7 inches tall. All metal construction. Check it out at www.solarisetubeskylights.com