Houzz Logo Print
maggilicious

Backyard help please!!!

PLEASE HELP WITH OUR BACKYARD.... We recently removed the grass and desperately need some ideas now, we love to barbeque and entertain a lot, love our water feature, but hate that fence and need some seating area ideas, and plantings and patio ideas.

HELP WITH OUR BACKYARD · 詳細

BACKYARD HELP · 詳細

BACKYARD HELP · 詳細

BACKYARD HELP · 詳細

コメント (9)

• everdebz
    8年前
    最終更新:8年前

Tree or a structure to shield neighbors and you viewing each other too much?

A bench or such to look at faraway mountains / possibly with fountain placed within that view.

Do you have more of tree's rosy terra cotta brick?

• PRO
    Susan Sutherlin Designs
    8年前

I would start by getting some vines growing on those fences, and plant a couple of good shade trees. If you purchase some Pavers you can start putting down a large patio and a path that leads from your to home to near your water feature. Also, I would set aside an area, out of the view of the main house, for planting a vegetable garden.

maggiliciousさんはSusan Sutherlin Designsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Design Organize
    8年前

What area of the country do you live in? If it is more Southwestern (you have a fountain that goes with that area), then I would take a look (online or at newstand) at the latest Sunset. They have a marvelous backyard that is pea gravel with raised beds of greens throughout. They did a reclining bench that is a focal point of the yard and the whole thing is stunning! I do agree with Susan however: come up with something to cover that chain link fence, or if possible, remove it!

maggiliciousさんはDesign Organizeさんにお礼を言いました
  • everdebz
    8年前

I don't know where you are - here's CA photos with paths and mix of materials / nice when thought is put into it.

Dana Point, CA · 詳細

Rock Pathway in Xeroscape Garden · 詳細

maggiliciousさんはeverdebzさんにお礼を言いました
  • everdebz
    8年前

When you can please show us photo of area by your house, probably where you barbecue? how's the seating there?

• maggilicious
    質問の投稿者
    8年前

Hi there, and Thank you so much for your kind response. Currently we have outdoor furniture but it was sitting on grass and we now need to do a patio of some sort. I like pavers, so what you are suggesting looks good. Thank you!

M

• everdebz
    8年前

Thanks for letting me participate a bit! Good 'luck'!

Photos above showed they played with overlapping/ disjointed materials - as though laying one rug over a larger one.

I could see a path like that in soft material to walk out to a fountain bench or two/ maybe semi-circular to 'fit' conform to it....

maggiliciousさんはeverdebzさんにお礼を言いました
  • everdebz
    8年前

My glider really only works on hard surface, and didn't in mulch...

Double Glider with Side Tray · 詳細
    Jeco Inc 50"L Scrolling Hearts Curved Back Steel Park Bench · 詳細