Houzz Logo Print
jeannie_nguyen

Herb garden in the kitchen. Yes or no?

Is having an herb garden in your kitchen convenient or a hassle?

Vote and tell us! If you have an herb garden (or any other plants) in your kitchen, tell us about it and post your photos too!

Industrial Chic · 詳細
YES - I think it's convenient.
NO - It's too messy and a hassle.

コメント (25)

• nansdrew
    9年前
    Given the right location, an herb garden can provide decor with a purpose. Sadly, our kitchen doesn't get enough sunlight.
  • ambersarris
    9年前
    If only my basil would grow @belle chaise... The leaves look like they're burnt and then it dies, any tricks?

Fresh herbs are both decorative and practical. If sunlight allows its a definite must have!
  • kathleen MK
    9年前
    Ha no windows in the kitchen but my herbs run wild outside.
  • jtee419
    9年前
    I am trying to set one up at the moment. The garden centre suggested that it wouldn't work, so we are going to try indoor-outdoor rotation of the herb pots.
  • madgone
    9年前
    We have tons of windows, facing east, in NE Ohio. When I bring herbs indoors in the fall, they have always died pretty quickly. Does anyone have a magic answer ?
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    9年前
    madgone, i've grown basil on my very small windowsill in the wintertime. It grew even though it never received direct sunlight.
  • dolphin2016
    9年前
    Were can I get information about this kitchen though?
  • Jolanda
    9年前
    My kitchen isn't sunny enough and to small for it. But I would love to grow them in the kitchen so I actually don't forget that I have fresh herbs.
  • PRO
    Mina Herrera Design LLC
    9年前
    I love to cook with fresh herbs, specially pastas
  • Catherine
    9年前
    You need enough sun - I did keep some in my south facing back room last winter - now my garden is full of herbs grown from seeds
  • zaza
    9年前
    mine is outside my kitchen door ..Basil, rosemary. sage , mint, parsley, chives, thyme
    all beautiful. Love my herbs
  • User
    9年前
    I've found the only way to grow herbs inside is to start with seed and have lots of natural light. I have to grow outside. The live ones from the store die within a day or two inside.
  • PRO
    F_Scott Designs
    9年前
    I would like to have some herbs in my kitchen but I have no window in my kitchen . I have a window close but receive only morning sun. Could you recommend where to buy and what to buy. ? Thanks !
  • amariss12
    9年前
    Is that yours or is it not yours
  • PRO
    User
    9年前
    Oh yes that way you can add some flavor all season. Sound good to us at team LivingRoc.
    http://www.livingroc.net
  • amariss12
    9年前
    I've never have heard of the word basil but. I have heard of the word herbs my garden has herbs...ha but that was last year
  • Denise McCabe
    9年前
    I have stow aero gardens easy to use, and it always has fresh cheap herbs,
  • PRO
    FurreverYours
    9年前
    I'm not a chef by any means but fresh anything is a good thing! #BeSeenBeSafe
  • Momof5x
    9年前
    I love all herbs, I like the idea of how chefs hang their herbs in pots on a cutlery hanger on wall, easy to reach, cut and wash. I love herbs! I believe they are essential for cooking.
  • PRO
    ilse philips interior & textile design
    9年前
    Definitely a yes. The kitchen smells so nice ;-)
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    9年前
    I think It's convenient as long as you have the right environment for growing plants. It also helps bring the outdoors in.
    -Angeline, GKB
  • PRO
    DECORE ATELIER
    9年前

Definitely yes. Fyi, now i'm study about the healthy kitchen concept and i wish from this forum i can get many information about the herb garden in the kitchen :-)

9年前
    A way I'm integrating herbs into my kitchen is using an Urban Cultivator
  • PRO
    Chic Watts
    9年前

absolutely yes- love it