Houzz Logo Print
malka

Closet Designer vs Interior Designer

Which would a client looking for a well designed closet consult a professional closet designer or an interior designer? I am curious since I have been designing closets for over 20 years and before I was an interior designer. I wonder what clients want from me and why would they go to an interior designer that designs homes.

コメント (7)

• PRO
    Ku Interior Design
    10年前
    We'll, I'm an interior designer and I would send my client to a closet designer to design the closet. I would probably want to specify the finishes but, I would leave the layout up to the expert.
  • PRO
    John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
    10年前
    To me, it depends on what is meant by closet, what the client envisions and what the budget is.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    10年前
    Most interior designerrs could design a modest sized closet.
  • PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    10年前
    I think a good interior designer would call in an experienced closet designer. But many interior designers have had the benefit of seeing well designed closets.
  • PRO
    RC Cabinets & Closets
    10年前
    Thank you for the insights.
    Malka Sabroe-JoHansonさんはRC Cabinets & Closetsさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Malka Sabroe-JoHanson
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Yes, interior designers many times call upon me to assist their clients. Yet some designers tackle the closet themselves with very little experience in innovative closet design. Looks beautiful most of the time but not very well functional or maximized. With over twenty years of hands on experience, it is very easy for me having learned to be an expert in space planning and cabinet design.