Houzz Logo Print
mmhicks

Furniture layout and color in twin nursery

mmhicks
10年前
I'm trying to determine the best layout for our Twin's nursery. I do not have window treatments picked out (I'm open to suggestions) and I'm planning to paint the nursery a beige color. Our hallway is SW Latte and I'm trying the decide between Hopsack or Nomadic Desert for the nursery. The last picture is of a color swatch of Hopsack.

コメント (12)

• PRO
    Totally Custom Wallpaper
    10年前
    A custom mural or wall decals help any theme, when you work it out.
  • mmhicks
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    The cribs will fit between the windows. It will also fit in the "alcove" on the other wall.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10年前
    Have you tried the cribs where each child can see out their own window? The changing table might work in the alcove. Might paint the niche a darker color and the remainder of the room lighter. Hare as some inspirations.
    Cochrane Riversong - Innovations by Jayman · 詳細
    HGTV · 詳細
    mmhicksさんはdecoenthusiasteさんにお礼を言いました
  • mmhicks
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Love the idea, but if I put a crib under the window on the left I will not be able to open the closet door.
  • mpoulsom
    10年前
    If you can put the crib in between the windows and the changing table to the left when you walk in, I think that may be nice??? I would try moving it and see what happens.
    mmhicksさんはmpoulsomさんにお礼を言いました
  • mcbriec
    10年前
    I really like the color of the swatch, but not for a nursery. It's a lovely earthy color, but to my eye, a nursery should be a fun "kid" color, not a "grown-up" color. Maybe a compromise could be BM revere pewter as a neutral with bright kid accents.
  • PRO
    User
    10年前
    DO NOT PUT THE CRIB UNDER THE WINDOW.

For that matter do not put the crib or changing table anywhere near the window. Babies, toddlers, and even children as old as 8 have gotten tangled in the cords on blinds and shades resulting in injury and sometimes death.

Look into cordless or motorized shades or possibly plantation shutters with maybe a decorative valance at the top. Hold off on floor length curtains until the children are several years older as well.

- James.
  • Rhonda
    10年前
    Are we decorating for girls, boys, or one of each?
  • Lesley Delle_Grazie
    10年前
    Awww, congrats on being a parent of twins! Just a word of caution, try to keep the cribs out of your kids' reach of each other. I had my twins' cribs perpendicular to each other (the same as you have shown in your photo), and when they were about 16 months old, my son grabbed my daughter's arm through their crib bars and had enough leverage to dislocate her shoulder. I'm sure he was just trying to get her closer to him; they didn't really start fighting until they were about 8, lol. Anyway, you get funny looks from nurses when your baby's arm gets dislocated, but as soon as I explained that I had twins, they relaxed. Seems twins get up to all sorts!

Move one of the cribs down to the alcove, leave the other where it is. If they're still young enough to be in cribs, then you're rearranging the room to please yourself, not them; they don't likely have an aesthetic sense yet. Once they're able to get out of their cribs, get rid of the ottoman and the chair in there (too easy to stack), and make sure any dressers are anchored to the walls. Hold off on floor-length curtains until they're teenagers; like I said, twins get up to all sorts when you think they're napping…and no Costco-sized vaseline or baby powder in the room! Omg, I could go on and on! LOL!
  • Rhonda
    10年前
    I LOVE painting and decorating children's rooms, and I love the color you've chosen! Very fresh & modern and so many beautiful colors you can accent with whether it's for boys or girls! I would try to put the cribs side by side with enough room to go between, so they can see each other:) And, if possible, away from the windows for the reasons stated above but also (and maybe it's just me) because of thunder storms and lightning:( That always frightens me when the crib is right next to the window! Keep us posted!
  • roosterdavis
    10年前
    Congrats on the twins! I have boy girl twins myself (now 7) I like the arrangement just fine. When they first got home from the hospital, we had them both in one crib (they were soooo little). Anyway, the arrangement became very similar to yours after we got a second crib. Here's a shot before the 2 beds: