Houzz Logo Print
theresa_joy

Tadelakt plaster for shower? Waterproof?

Theresa Joy
10年前
Is love to do my shower \ bath in plaster instead of tiles. I'v been reading that Tadelakt plaster is waterproof. Does anyone have experience with it in a shower area?

コメント (7)

• PRO
    TMK Remodeling
    10年前
    I have no experience with that product but suggest you still install cement board substrate if you decide to go that route. I would want to see a few installs and have a good warranty in case of failure.
  • Theresa Joy
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Hmm. I was going apply the plaster myself. I have no experience but have been watching and reading tutorials. We had the cement boards professionally installed in the shower. The plaster seemed like something I could do myself. But I'm weary now that of I don't do it properly the shower won't be waterproof.
  • Theresa Joy
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Not even sure where to purchase it ... Not easy to find
  • PRO
    TMK Remodeling
    10年前
    Hire a plasterer. They will do this in an hour and it will be perfect. You will do it in 4 hours and it will look ????
  • PRO
    Stucco Italiano Sverige AB
    10年前
    You should definitely hire professionals for the tadelakt work. An experienced plasterer makes something like 4 sqm/day. Google the company that owns the picture and you will find everything you need. You can PM me if you have any questions about tadelakt.
  • PRO
    Just the Finish / tadelsktsydney
    9年前
    I have been using tierrifino stone - tadelakt for around five years now. There are some examples, descriptions and application guide on my website. http ://www.tadelaktsydney.com.au