Houzz Logo Print
micki_power

Do dark hardwood floors show more dirt than a medium brown shade?

Micki
10年前
I'm choosing hardwood floors for our new home and love the espresso dark hardwood, but someone told me they show more dirt. Also the floors would extend into the kitchen/dining room.

コメント (7)

• unwantedadvice
    10年前
    I think they just show more dust rather than dirt. But a good "swiffering" now and again should take care of that.
    Mickiさんはunwantedadviceさんにお礼を言いました
  • Micki
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Yes, I have the Swifter! But yeah, not just dirt, but crumbs, dust, anything! I heard that it shows up more than on a medium brown hardwood floor. In a year we'll get a dog so I have to consider that too. I really like the darker wood but if my cabinets will be the same color, I should probably pick a lighter floor. It's just hard to decide and hard to picture it. I look at hundreds of picture's on here!
  • PRO
    Simple Floors - Portland
    10年前
    The lighter the floor the less dirt you see. And the darker and more smooth and shiny the floors are... more dirt and hair will show up. I like a hand-scraped more matte floor. You will see less dirt then a shiny smooth floor and if you dropped anything on the floor it would "add to the character of the floor" and not stand out. http://www.simplefloors.com/hardwood-floors/engineered-hardwood-floors/vintage-couture-couvertury-maple-handscraped-engineered-hardwood.html Also I would vacuum the dust and dirt.
    MickiさんはSimple Floors - Portlandさんにお礼を言いました
  • PRO
    Simple Floors - Portland
    10年前
    5037155532 Please call me with any questions. We also ship all over America.
    MickiさんはSimple Floors - Portlandさんにお礼を言いました
  • oakleyspanky
    10年前
    We used medium dark, low gloss, slightly distressed hand scraped floors in our lake house. white fluff etc shows but quite good with sand, a little bit of dirt, etc...high gloss darker and smoother floors will show more
    Mickiさんはoakleyspankyさんにお礼を言いました
  • Micki
    質問の投稿者
    10年前
    Very nice!