what pattern is the rug?

goldennugget
10年前
Gaillardia show home · 詳細

コメント (17)

• PRO
    Passion of Persia
    10年前
    www.facebook.com/passionofpersiarugrepair We have one rug in the same designs and in the same color scheme. www.passionofpersia.com
  • PRO
    User
    10年前
    To me it looks like a Kashan
  • PRO
    Passion of Persia
    10年前
    The design is mashed.
  • PRO
    Passion of Persia
    10年前
    Your very welcome picture is a mashad, but kashan was a great guess. I am impressed
  • kweckman30
    10年前
    Passion of Persia. Do you still have a rug like this available? I'm interested in purchasing one.
  • PRO
    Passion of Persia
    10年前
    Yes we do. Fill the form it on www.passionofpersia.com and in the message put the size of the mashad rug you are looking for.
  • sheryl22
    10年前
    Does anyone know where I can find this rug? Thanks!
  • PRO
    Passion of Persia
    10年前
    Sheryl we have this mashed rug in this color scheme. www.facebook.com/passionofpersiarugrepair
  • sheryl22
    10年前
    I'm sorry, but I don't see any rugs for sale on your website.
  • PRO
    Passion of Persia
    10年前
    As previous message said is fill out the form. We have absolutely no rugs on our site as we safe guard our designs. www.passionofpersia.com
  • PRO
    Brandon Oriental Rugs
    10年前
    As one other commented, the Mashad is a common (and inexpensive) rug style from Iran. It is a bit less refined than the Kashan, and the reds are characteristically more purplish than Kashan due to a peculiar technique used in the wash given to the rug in the finishing process. Designs are more mechanical and the palette less varied than Kashan, but the price point is very attractive; usually less per square foot than you'd spend on a new Indian rug. As you can see from the picture, even a new Mashad can look old (so be wary of antique designations unless you can obtain an independent appraisal.)
  • PRO
    Passion of Persia
    10年前
    Rugs from any city has various grades in color, wool quality, and design and artist expression. In mashed, the weavers made a very large order for a Mosque roughly 6000 pieces. These rugs are made from inferior dyes, and workmanship. However the masters of mashed that use vegetable colors and do not use the jufti knot make a investment grade piece. The original picture is a 1930 circa piece and the one I used later is a pre 1900 piece. For more info on rugs Barry has a nice site http://www.persiancarpetguide.com/sw-asia/Rugs/Persian/Mashad/Guide_To_Mashad_Rugs.htm
  • PRO
    Brandon Oriental Rugs
    10年前
    P.O.P.: Appreciate your comment, and clarifications. Since the thread divided in interest between the rug depicted and how to get something like it, we might be having two discussions here. In truth, most folks shopping for a Mashad rug are going to see market grade rugs intended for use, not investment. As I think we'd both attest, the type is well constructed and a good value. But rugs such as that in the original picture (whether that was made last year or fifty years ago) are stylistically common, and it is difficult for any but an expert to tell the difference between a rug made three years ago and a pre-revolution rug that might have more collectible merit. That being said, one must question whether he or she cares to spend significantly more for a piece that has no discernible qualitative merits beyond the cachet of being labelled "old", especially when other rug types have better investment potential as permanent stores of value. And (just to cover all bases) it is undeniable that under the right circumstances a particular Mashad rug might possibly have the provenance to be a record setter at auction. But, practically, most are really just well constructed, attractive rugs at attractive prices; destined for use on the floor, not storage in a treasure vault.
  • PRO
    Passion of Persia
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    The piece in question is not involved with your points.. I believe people buy on colors, then design. I believe colors can be taught and have been doing so for over thirty years. www.facebook.com/passionofpersiarugrepair
  • PRO
    Brandon Oriental Rugs
    9年前
    最終更新:9年前
    We believe people buy when objects have value corresponding to their inner values (standards). There's an entire branch of philosophy dedicated to the study of "value". Some attest that an individual cannot even see something until it has value to himself. (This is part of the science of the mind too. The brain filters inconsequential inputs so that consciousness is not overwhelmed with them. We don't think about something until it matters.) In our profession, color is undeniably a value of paramount importance, but if it were the only parameter of significance in a purchase decision, the customer could find satisfaction with any ol' piece of carpet of similar color. So, there is evidently much more than color motivating interest in oriental rugs. And an ability to help our clientele by appreciating all of the value points of interest to them so that we can elucidate the REAL benefits of handmade oriental rugs versus "any ol' floor covering" is how we make ourselves of value to them in their shopping process. When they know that what they are looking at corresponds to ALL that they are looking for, they are in a much better place to proceed with a sense of assurance. As a final consideration (from real life events): one person wants to spend $10,000 at auction to have bragging rights to ownership of an ashtray that Jackie Kennedy-Onassis had in her living room. Another person couldn't care less about who owned something last, and recognizing that a similar object can be acquired at the local Dollar Store is satisfied to have bragging rights to a suitable place for extinguishing cigarettes that costs only a dollar. Without prejudice, in advance of their respective decisions, both individuals are entitled to be made aware of the range of options that are available. When each proceeds to the next step, it will be in line with his or her values.
  • PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    8年前

This rug look custom made. We would be happy to design a custom made rug for you!