Houzz Logo Print
kjziebell

Gutters....Screens, covers or one piece

kjziebell
10年前
We are putting all new gutters on our house and I'm trying to decide between some kind of gutter guard or screen vs like a Leaf Guard one piece gutter. I never want to clean my gutters again. Any one have any experience with any good gutter products that they can share? Thanks!

コメント (2)

• PRO
    Darling Dwelling Designs
    10年前
    Did you make a decision on your gutter screen or cover? I have screens on my gutters and although they keep large chunks of debris out I still have to go up once every year to make sure it's all cleaned out and ready for winter weather.
  • PRO
    Bath Planet of Atlanta
    6年前

Our GutterGlove gutter guards are ranked the highest with Consumer Reports and are the only leaf and rain filters winning awards for eco-friendly design. GutterGlove is also heated if you live in winter / snowy areas.

You can buy gutter guards at Costco and Home Depot and Lowes, etc but honestly, I wouldn't want to install them myself anymore than I would want to wash the windows on the outside of a tall building - it is a life-defying job - Even single story homes offer too many opportunities to "fall off a ladder" when you are installing the gutter guards all around your home, AND when we install them you get a lifetime transferrable warranty - you don't it you do it yourself - in other words - overtime if something breaks or doesn't work - you are the one you call to fix it. Not fun. FOUR THINGS YOU WANT TO LOOK FOR IN GUTTER GURADS are - 1) they are stainless steal and NOT plastic. 2) They connect completely to the gutters and do not have openings where animals or bugs can crawl into and breed (think mosquitoes and Zika!). 3) They are at an angle and not 90 degrees - if they are at an angle any debris will fall off like a slide - if they are at 90 degrees, debris will collect on them and you will still have to clean them off. 4) They can catch tons of rain fall - GutterGlove is proven (and award -winning) for collecting 150 inches of rainfall a minute - that is a lot of rain! None of the other gutter guard companies can claim this and it is a big deal.

I hope this answers some homeowners questions about gutter guards! Please contact us if you have any more.